Career Officer
# 61
01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsaberedux View Post
I think there were a few ships in Legacy that were based on FASA designs or sketches that CBS might own, but I'm having trouble remembering which ones. And the rights to the FASA stuff is definitely troublesome.

If we get anything from Legacy I'd hope it's the music. Probably just me, but damn.
I downloaded the soundtrack from Legacy and play it during STFs.
Captain
# 62
01-13-2013, 09:58 PM
The TOS Miranda was been feature with a rollbar in the comics, the Cortez, the Achilles, the Oxford, and the Kobayashi Maru II and without one in the Legacy video game. To me, I assume that the rollbar in TOS was mission specific.
Career Officer
# 63
01-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Cortez_(NCC-1834)

Now where that falls under licensing for CBS/Cryptic I wouldn't begin to know (Early Voyages comic, published by Marvel), but its been out there.
Sorry, your link is busted. Believe this was what you was linking to.

Since that is a Star Trek comic, there wouldn't be any licencing issues since there is an already existing agreement between CBS and Marvel. Which could open up the door for Cryptic to use a TOS Miranda.

Now if Cryptic wanted to add the Cortez from the comics to STO, then there would likely have to be somekind of negotiations.

Last edited by azurianstar; 01-13-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 64
01-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
They did add a beginner Steamrunner.

When they eventually have a full KDF faction, I wouldn't be surprised to see a starter KDF Steam bundle. Likewise, when they add higher tier ships that make sense at lower tiers, I wouldn't be surprised to see that either.
yes, but realistically when they designed the steamrunner, it was designed as a t5 ship, and probably the t2 was an after thought.. we realistically wouldnt see them release say a t1 and t5 tos ship... and the steamrunner is a newer design than most of the other ships from canon in game..

it makes sense for klinks to have ships from earlier time lines, since they do just refit and keep using the same ships over and over.. sure, some classes that had problems were decomissioned, but for the most part, you still see tos klink ships in ds9.. that shows me that they hold on to their ships alot longer.. i could get on board witht hat..
Commander
# 65
01-14-2013, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Cortez_(NCC-1834)

Now where that falls under licensing for CBS/Cryptic I wouldn't begin to know (Early Voyages comic, published by Marvel), but its been out there.
Personally I'd say stay away in case Marvel has any claim to original designs in the comic knowing who currently owns Marvel and their tendency to chase up Copyright/Trademark claims.