Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Commander
# 1 Missing Rhiana
01-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Does anyone else miss the Transporter Doff bug?

The game was far more fun when it was more interactive. I think the Devs should consider lowering the CD of all skills in the game by 50% officially.

Whoever came up with the idea of an ability based combat system where the cooldowns are 3-5 times longer than the duration of the ability needs shooting. Its not engaging or fun.

Please devs, give this some serious thought.

Edit: Pretty sure I didnt put this in the bug forum because it isnt a bug report. It belongs in the feedback section.

Last edited by seekerkorhil; 01-11-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Commander
# 2
01-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Does anyone else miss the Transporter Doff bug?

The game was far more fun when it was more interactive. I think the Devs should consider lowering the CD of all skills in the game by 50% officially.

Whoever came up with the idea of an ability based combat system where the cooldowns are 3-5 times longer than the duration of the ability needs shooting. Its not engaging or fun.

Please devs, give this some serious thought.
If this were to come to pass.. how would you use those abilities?

My characters near always have an action waiting to be triggered.
As per your proposal I'd have to slam my keyboard over and over with my flat hand to trigger "everything" that isn't on cooldown - or simply never use half of my abilities.

He's dead, Jim.
Commander
# 3
01-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
If this were to come to pass.. how would you use those abilities?

My characters near always have an action waiting to be triggered.
You stop having to double up on every ability you use. No more 2x EPTS, C:RF etc. Means you get to take twice as many different abilities. More different abilities = more fun.
Commander
# 4
01-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
You stop having to double up on every ability you use. No more 2x EPTS, C:RF etc. Means you get to take twice as many different abilities. More different abilities = more fun.
Well, that is different from your original proposal, which suggested a cooldown reduction of 50%.

Now you're talking about a duration increase of powers by 100%, which is less functionality-breaking but also helps little with the goals of the OP.

He's dead, Jim.
Commander
# 5
01-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
Now you're talking about a duration increase of powers by 100%, which is less functionality-breaking but also helps little with the goals of the OP.
I said nothing of the sort

A cooldown reduction of 50% will half the cooldown of all skills. You get to use them twice as often.

Thats what the bug effectively did and it was great.
Captain
# 6
01-11-2013, 05:44 PM
While one can see the potential need for an overhaul of the BOFF system in regard to CDs, triggered CDs, durations, etc, etc, etc - such a blanket approach doesn't actually make more sense (imho) than what there is currently.

It allowed players that had not reached the gear/skill level to complete content they otherwise would not have been able to complete. It allowed other players to farm content at a much faster rate - which in turn affected the game economy and other players.

It was a serious enough bug that it was addressed in the first patch after the break instead of waiting to be addressed with some of the others next week.
I'm just another poster on the forums with my own ideas and opinions.

Commander
# 7
01-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
I said nothing of the sort

A cooldown reduction of 50% will half the cooldown of all skills. You get to use them twice as often.

Thats what the bug effectively did and it was great.
Hm, yeah, I kinda read that into it for some reason. No idea why exactly. Probably a brainfart with "double up" on the abilities or something.

He's dead, Jim.