Captain
# 261
05-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencheryl View Post
As much as I love Gateway,
(put a smile on may face when I had it on Kindle,
and found myself looking up from my driveway),
I am really sick of entering the "one time" code.
After about 50 times, it is just a pain, and frankly deters me from bothering to look at it at all.
My online banking doesn't give me this hassle, and I'm sure it's a hell of a lot more "secure".

I just think this is overkill, and hope it can be altered.

Until then, it's just not worth the hassle. I'm seldom going to use it anymore.

Hoping for a change,
Steve
Agreed, the one time go can end up being a dozen times easy. Beta or not this needs resolution.

On the subject of resolution, I would just like to ask for you guys to increase the graphics quality in the Gateway for BOFFs. They look 32bit.

And why can you no longer see Captains? When Gateway was first released I could see myself, but now no Player Character exists in the gateway. Will this be restored...ever?
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Lt. Commander
# 262
05-16-2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Why play the actual game at all with all those tools?
Have you checked out Neverwinter Online? Go see what the Gateway there does for you. You can manage professions (similar to Doffs). You can buy and sell at the Auction House. You can read and send mail (but NOT collect items, which when you buy from the Auction House the item is mailed to you). Your Companions (similar to Boffs) have a mini game feature on there too. I can literally play for hours on my phone in that collecting up some money and low end vendor trash. I can even refine my Astral Diamonds (Dilitihum).

Even with all that there is still a ton I cannot do via Gateway, so I do log in and play that way too.

I am no software savy guy, but I imagine they built NWO with the Gateway in mind, while STO the Gateway came after. Might be more difficult to build this interactivity after the fact. I would be nice if they did get around to adding all that though.
Ensign
# 263 Login issues
05-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Hi all!i have a problem with login,i have perfect world acount ,but when i try to login with my account gateway said permision issue,or invalid user mesage.
Lt. Commander
# 264
05-17-2014, 06:53 PM
I can see my character, although the costume is one that I no longer have. Also, thanks for fixing the rarities of items! That was bugging me for a while. Up next on my wishlist: traits. Pretty please?

Real Join Date: Jan 2012
Lieutenant, Fleet Cron-Beta
Ensign
# 265
05-22-2014, 09:08 PM
My computer recently busted, and I would just like to keep my reputation and duty officers going while I try to get a replacement. The Gateway seems like it would be the best way for that to happen. I would really appreciate if those functions became part of the Gateway.
Ensign
Maybe this is already the direction the development team is working toward with the gateway, but I would like to suggest that the entire STO experience could be improved if a phone/tablet application were developed using the gateway to allow gamers to share control of a ship in combat/missions.

Right now I sometimes play the game with my daughter, letting her control firing while I steer the ship and activate various powers. Ideally, I'd like her to have a phone app that displayed only a select set of controls and perhaps some additional information related to what she's doing.

In space, the select set of controls could correspond to Star Trek stations, such as tactical or science or engineering and would contain the related powers to activate. It could also contain a specific display screen that would provide specialized information for the position -- like a tactical display might have a quick summary of number of enemies and current status. It might have a display that centers on the ship and shows enemies moving around in relation to it. A science console might show enemy ship power levels and key information about enemy ship capabilities and perhaps target points for taking out weapons or shields that the science station would have to convey to tactical for them to try to take out shields or weapons.

In ground mode, things would be simpler, with the phone app giving the other players the ability to control other members of the away team.

Finally, I would think these consoles would have their own action or at least an additional action queue shared between all consoles.

This addition would potentially make game play more like being part of a star trek crew where running a ship or an away team mission is much more about coordination with others than just individual ability.
Career Officer
# 267
06-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Has anyone made an API to get the information that the gateway offers programmatically?
--
Dygear
Vallhalla's Rising Fleet
Webmaster & TS3 Server Op.
Survivor of Romulus
# 268
06-04-2014, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altairibnlahdan View Post
My computer recently busted, and I would just like to keep my reputation and duty officers going while I try to get a replacement. The Gateway seems like it would be the best way for that to happen. I would really appreciate if those functions became part of the Gateway.
Ohh I feel for you there. My computer recently died as well and I would defentally at least like to be able to DOFF STO Gateway like I can do with Professions in the Neverwinter Gateway.
Ensign
# 269 is this dead?
06-11-2014, 04:23 AM
Hi all, first off I'd like to state i love the ideas for sto gateway.
Whether it be an app or webinterface makes no differrence in my opinion, the only important factor is its being developed and updated..
There is 1 feature that would really ressurrect this from the stagnant near death state its in right now; the possibility to keep your doffs at work
Will this be rolled out or will the community have to develop some open source unofficial app or website, as one person already did to the point of proof of concept.?
Chat functionality would also be nice but not at all as critical as doffs
Thanks in advance bubye
Career Officer
# 270
06-11-2014, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyflmez View Post
Has anyone made an API to get the information that the gateway offers programmatically?
I'm trying to get one up, but I'm lacking free time to work on it.