Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 231 Gateway is NOT the launcher
11-26-2013, 08:25 AM
There seems to be a bit of confusion on this thread. Some people are reporting very legitimate bug reports for the launcher or gameplay here. This thread is for the STO Gateway, which can be found here: http://gateway.startrekonline.com/ It's not the actual game or launcher. (also note, when the server is down, the gateway is probably down as well)

If you have Launcher problems, you'll get more response/help from reading through and posting in this forum: PC, Network and Other Technical Issues

You can also file a bug report and read about launcher issues on the Support Home Page

I am not trying to be rude or anything, you just have a better chance of finding other threads with your problems, and maybe even some suggestions (although lots of people are experiencing login issues which are not fixed). Fingers crossed that you can find help with your issues there.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Ensign
# 232
11-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Xchange search does not work for purple items.
Example: i search for dual beam banks mk xii as 'purple': no results.
I search for dual beam banks mk xii (exactly the same entry) as 'any', all are returned, including the purples that were not detected with the first choice, but do actually exist.

Some very few items seems to be able to bypass this bug and actually appear. But that's 1 in dozens or so.
Captain
# 233
11-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitz999 View Post
ever since maintenance today there is a glitch where it copies frames and freezes them so i can't see where i'm going so that i can't play the game would like to have this fixed soon so i can keep playing
Quote:
Originally Posted by explaination View Post
So...For me an experienced Fleet Admiral of a large Fleet been playing for years with multiple accounts over time since this game was created. This is a great expansion but these bugs are really bad.

Inventory screen freezing causing disconnect
Slow startup & Lagging upon entering game even to the point of disconnect
Pixels in graphics while both walking and flying in space freeze screen or turn it white
Unable to complete new PvE's because of disconnects
Stacks of consumables used when you click just one
Fleet roster unable to show Date/Time members log online
Fleet roster only shows 10 members at a time
Certain Foundry and Episodes cannot be completed and must be dropped
Some members unable to even log online
Dilithium mine discounts not being correct
Some hotkeys are not even working right

I am sure there are many more i am not aware of...

Seriously I would just take STO offline till these, not all but most of these problems can be solved. People will understand and be glad that they will be fixed.

U.N.S.C.
Chief of Fleet Operations
Fleet Admiral Yur'as@explaination
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg0vermind View Post
Xchange search does not work for purple items.
Example: i search for dual beam banks mk xii as 'purple': no results.
I search for dual beam banks mk xii (exactly the same entry) as 'any', all are returned, including the purples that were not detected with the first choice, but do actually exist.

Some very few items seems to be able to bypass this bug and actually appear. But that's 1 in dozens or so.

Guys you are in the wrong thread. In this section we report bugs about the Gateway-Homepage where you can look into your character, Boffs, ship and gear infos and your fleet progress.
Career Officer
# 234
12-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Fleet Holdings don't display the correct amount of contributions needed. I think this might be related to the mine discount?

For example, if a project requires 1020 Fleet Marks, it displays it as needing 1200.

Only the display is wrong - it still only accepts 1020 Fleet Marks, and when everything is complete it will show the "time until completion". It's going, but the Gateway still thinks it's not fully funded yet, so I see 1020/1200 with the Contribute button available (even though it won't accept anything).

This applies to DOffs needed, commodities needed, etc.

On Firefox 25.0.1 on two different computers in two different locations.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 235
12-06-2013, 03:41 AM
As far as i remember, the gateway never worked for me. The contributions i made through the gateway never reflected in-game. I thought the gateway was mrely decorative...
Starfleet Veteran
# 236
12-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Fleet Holdings don't display the correct amount of contributions needed. I think this might be related to the mine discount?

For example, if a project requires 1020 Fleet Marks, it displays it as needing 1200.
Yeah, I second this. It acts like you can add extra contributions too, but you can't.
Ensign
# 237
12-12-2013, 11:56 AM
To new to create a thread, so am posting here. Went to launch this morning and had like a 510kb download. After patch I keep getting error36: a file was locked that could not be opened for writing.

Any suggestions?

TY
Ensign
# 238 Star Trek Login
12-17-2013, 06:07 PM
I have seen this problem all over the web in many different forums on all different sites.. I just downloaded the Arc Program, and I went to login to Star Trek for the first time and the "Login" button is clickable, but of course does nothing. I was a huge fan of SWTOR and wanted to try this game out, but the process has been overly ridiculous and full of issues. Why does this button never seem to work for me or my friends and how to we fix it before i rage quit.
Ensign
# 239
12-31-2013, 06:03 PM
This is the wrong thread for this, but a lot of people seem to have trouble with ARC (myself included). A workaround is to use the steam version.

That said, for me gateway's been saying that STO is offline for about a week now (though I'm still able to log in to the game and play)

Last edited by velvetsanity; 12-31-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 240
01-03-2014, 04:04 AM
I'm having problems where the gateway:

Never displays my ship correctly, whiting out the name and coloring the entire hull pink for some reason.

Never displays my captain,

And displays all of my equipment with incorrect rarity borders.

Can you look it up and fix it, I think the Gateway is a wonderful idea, but I can't use it in the current state its in.

-Aeon