Ensign
# 1 The state of PVP
01-11-2013, 05:06 PM
This is my post on the state of the game, specificly PVP and how it needs a major overhaul.. I figure if i get enough posts going on the subject maybe PWE will do something about it. (And remember Cryptic in an interview a while back right out admitted that PVP needed to be fixed or removed completely to make a better game)

First off Equal Teams:

I just came from a match that on my team had 2 assault cruisers (the regular one at RA level) A Defiant (Fleet Version) a Intrepid , and myself (flying a fleet heavy cruiser) Sounds like a well balanced team right? Well not so much, we were pitted against a premade fleet team (A team of all the same fleet that was made before the match) They had 3 Temporal ships (2 of them were wells class and one mobius) and 2 Jem'hadar fighters.. Still think i had a well balanced team? So here we are 5 ships available through the game easily accessible by most players VS 5 lockbox ships that are Extremely hard (if not impossible) to get. Sound fair? I didn't think so.

Second Example:

A few weeks ago i was placed in a match (Fleet heavy cruiser) Vs a Jem'hadar and 2 wells class ships.. Ok yes i can tank a bit (Tactical in a cruiser) But 3 lockbox ships against my fleet ship? I would have to say overkill.. The next day same thing happened to a friend of mine. I and he put in tickets (Which surprise surprise never got any response from)

I would like to say that Cryptic in the past has been true to the player base (the whole player base, not a select few that pay epic amounts of money to get a overpowered lockbox ship) and fixed issues that the community banned together and said "hey we want this fixed", And it is my hope they will give this players concerns some serious thought, but as it seems since PWE has taken over the Developers (known to most as devs) have all but gone away, Yes we see BranFlakes posting once in a while so he may appease his PWE masters.. Now before i go on a tangent (more so than i already have) let me get back to the point.. As it stands Cryptic admits PVP is very much in need of a "fix" Yet now they have introduced a "PVP BootCamp".. even though they have said that PVP needs either to be deleted from the game or have a major Overhaul, what do they do? They indorse a PVP Bootcamp for a broken system. I think there is something wrong with this picture.

Now if we all band together once again as a strong outspoken community, maybe they will do something about this problem that is making PVP a major downside and deterrent to players in the game (Look how fast they "patched" the dilithium issue when the community screamed foul)If i could have as many as possible post on this "Situation" in the game with your own stories and examples of the Incredible mess they call PVP Maybe.. just maybe Cryptic will grow some balls (which appear to have been chopped off after PWE took over) and fix one of the biggest "bugs" in this game.

Thank you for your time

-Fleet Admiral Sebastion, SSC
Captain
# 2
01-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Actually, it was 3 Wells and 2 Jemmies. Class move leaving your team to fend for themselves, btw.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Career Officer
# 3
01-11-2013, 05:51 PM
So what? You want a separate playlist for those who own lockbox ships?

If that premade is who I think it is, even if they used c-store ships, they still would have won.

They've beaten at least one premade in tier-3 ships I believe.

If your team lost to them, it was because your team was just not as coordinated as they are.

/channel_join OrganizedPvP and setup a pugmade to have a better chance against premades.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-11-2013, 06:00 PM
I would disagree on several points. The Wells is very easy to get and the nebula can slot the same layout (albeit slower,) so of course the wells would be preferred. Considering it's around 35-40mil on the exchange, I wouldn't say that's too hard to get.

Be that, pvp fleets are more inclined to min/max certain aspects of builds. So having 3xwells and 2xbugs is a nice burst setup with maneuverable science.

To be frank, Tactical heavy cruisers are a bit selfish and lack burst so from the start you limited your team.

As for bootcamp, the event has been sponsored by Cryptic but the organizers would have pushed it off without their support. More so, it gives the casual pvper a insight into the finer points of team play. It may or may not impact their gameplay but the hope is it will.

Cheers!
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Commander
# 5
01-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
Class move leaving your team to fend for themselves, btw.
^ lol @ this
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Ensign
# 6
01-11-2013, 06:50 PM
lol love how no one made any comments on the state of the broken PVP system.. Umm 3 on 1? So that is working correctly? And i never said slot Lockbox ships into a seperate playlist, a little more diversity would be nice. as for my "leaving the match" my game crashed (sometimes happens in an imperfect world) Nothing i could do about that. Oh and i am in that "Organized PVP" channel btw, so i do use it but sometimes ya just gotta pug it. And the orginizers of the Bootcamp.. lol i ran into them in a PVP match after they creamed the team i was on (this time in my oddy healer over 1.5mil of team healing in that match) they so kindly posted about the PVP bootcamp.. Oh and did i mention it was a team of 5 wells class. Hmm makes sense for a team like that to be teaching how to's on PVP.

Lesson 1:

Buy a lockbox ship.
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-11-2013, 06:50 PM
PvP bootcamp is a player started endevor that Cryptic supports. Not the other way round.

Also, dont diss PvP bootcamp. They, as others have also done, are trying to help make PvP more open to new players.

A honorable cause it is.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 8
01-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah, the PvP bootcamp is a generous and noble idea.

I like the influx of new blood into the scene.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 9
01-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastion84 View Post
lol love how no one made any comments on the state of the broken PVP system.. Umm 3 on 1? So that is working correctly? And i never said slot Lockbox ships into a seperate playlist, a little more diversity would be nice. as for my "leaving the match" my game crashed (sometimes happens in an imperfect world) Nothing i could do about that. Oh and i am in that "Organized PVP" channel btw, so i do use it but sometimes ya just gotta pug it. And the orginizers of the Bootcamp.. lol i ran into them in a PVP match after they creamed the team i was on (this time in my oddy healer over 1.5mil of team healing in that match) they so kindly posted about the PVP bootcamp.. Oh and did i mention it was a team of 5 wells class. Hmm makes sense for a team like that to be teaching how to's on PVP.

Lesson 1:

Buy a lockbox ship.
You said, "3 timeships and 2 bugships, I'm outta here" then you were gone. That doesn't sound like a game crash to me....

As far as the state of PvP. there are plenty of threads around here addressing that. This comes off as a QQ thread. Have a nice day.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
01-11-2013, 07:18 PM
I have been reluctant to deal with any kind of SERIOUS PVP until the Fleet shields and Tricobalt nerfs come down... until then I will just keep to friendly matches amongst friends....
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will