Career Officer
# 11
01-13-2013, 07:10 AM
not to beat a dead horse but seriusly the cluster is not affected by the update, you are getting these high numbers because you have high stats and consoles, the brreen set does not attach itself to the cluster

I checked and double checked http://www.stowiki.org/Transphasic_Torpedo_Launcher

so is it possible that the thranphasic set is worth it with the new patch? yes but again it's not the set stating this.

Could I be wrong? It's possible, not all information we receive one day even after testing it extensively correlating to the next day since stats and abilities just seem to randomly change. Could it be a bug? Possibly, Could it be a mistype and misqoute on the item by cryptic? Good chance. Could the Wiki also be wrong? Possibly. In fact everything could be wrong.

But as far as I know it's simply your stats, plus your build that is outlaying it. Not this set.

Now if it makes you feel more comfortable to use it then that's what you should use but by going by it's facevalue, skills and stats it's not better then honorguard, borg, maco, omega, or aegis. Its a far far far far distant 6th

Last edited by lasonio; 01-13-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Rihannsu
# 12
01-13-2013, 10:34 AM
I have a buddy in my fleet who runs a transphasic torp boat with his Armatage in both PVP and ESTFs. He uses all rapid reload torpedoes, cluster torpedoes and mines. The damage he puts out is fantastic.

You can do it for sure on the Breen ship (we were talking about doing just that during an ISE run last night).
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
01-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasonio View Post
not to beat a dead horse but seriusly the cluster is not affected by the update, you are getting these high numbers because you have high stats and consoles, the brreen set does not attach itself to the cluster

I checked and double checked http://www.stowiki.org/Transphasic_Torpedo_Launcher

so is it possible that the thranphasic set is worth it with the new patch? yes but again it's not the set stating this.

Could I be wrong? It's possible, not all information we receive one day even after testing it extensively correlating to the next day since stats and abilities just seem to randomly change. Could it be a bug? Possibly, Could it be a mistype and misqoute on the item by cryptic? Good chance. Could the Wiki also be wrong? Possibly. In fact everything could be wrong.

But as far as I know it's simply your stats, plus your build that is outlaying it. Not this set.

Now if it makes you feel more comfortable to use it then that's what you should use but by going by it's facevalue, skills and stats it's not better then honorguard, borg, maco, omega, or aegis. Its a far far far far distant 6th
Breen boosts all Transphasic weapons that includes torpedoes, mines and cluster. That is just what it says on the set item and is also what we see in game. There has been no change in any recent patch's ( well not 100% true the tribble patch gives it an extra 2.5% damage boost).

A large amount of Stowiki is wrong and just to be safe I double checked in game losing 3k damage when I removed the Breen set then gained 3k when refitted it to Clusters. Mines and other Transphasic torpedo also got boosted. For PvE Breen is better then honorguard, borg, maco, omega, or aegis on a Transphasic torpedo boat. The set is anything but rubbish. Limted in use sure but when it works it works really well.

Last edited by pottsey5g; 01-13-2013 at 10:52 AM.