Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
# 31
01-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
Well, because this would be pretty much mean that we will never get a Romulan faction. Cryptic already once stated that they regret handing out the Galor cruiser to the players due to the fact that this killed a possible Cardassian faction. I think they will be more careful from now on with what they'll be putting in lockboxes, so I doubt you guys will ever get Romulan ships for your feds.
Wait does this mean that the Dominion Lockbox means no Dominion Faction Ever? The Dominion would have had the most interesting game play experience of any possible faction, as different from the Klingons and Federation as each was different from the other.

If this is the case I may boycott the Dominion Lockboxes in protest. I want to hear from Cyptic if this is true before I decide.

Anyone else starting to think the lockboxes period might have been a mistake? The cost appears too hight, and I'm not talking fincially I'm talking faction wise.
Career Officer
# 32
01-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
Wait does this mean that the Dominion Lockbox means no Dominion Faction Ever? The Dominion would have had the most interesting game play experience of any possible faction, as different from the Klingons and Federation as each was different from the other.

If this is the case I may boycott the Dominion Lockboxes in protest. I want to hear from Cyptic if this is true before I decide.

Anyone else starting to think the lockboxes period might have been a mistake? The cost appears too hight, and I'm not talking fincially I'm talking faction wise.
Nothing is written in stone, Dstahl mentioned possible Factions several times ... but I don't believe its gonna happen ... 3 years since launch and we don't even have complete Klingons ... if it's gonna happen the next Faction will be Romulans ... so a possible Dominion/Cardassian Faction is like 10-15 years away ... if STO is gonna last that long ... I would guess Cryptic gonna cross that bridge if they ever come to it .... Dominion Lockboxes are not the biggest obstacle here

PS : You're not gonna hear anything definite from Cryptic about possible factions, don't even try ...