Republic Veteran
Once I have my 1000 pictures to trade in for my FREE Breen ship, and I have extra pictures, what can I use them for? Is there a console I can trade for romulan marks or something useful in game? Is there any plans for a console of sorts for extra pictures of Q?
Thanks.
The R.E.G. Wants you !

Click the banner for MORE info..

Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-01-2013, 09:48 AM
put them on ebay??
Captain
# 3
01-01-2013, 09:53 AM
i think the cryptic QA team must have overlooked this due to doing extensive testing and adjustment...

no srsly...i'm 100% sure nobody had asked this question when they came up with the idea...

also why 40 per day up to 1000...why not 4 and up to 100? Or 1 up to 25? Some things just do not follow any pattern that might be understandable to humans in this game.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 4
01-01-2013, 09:54 AM
I'd reccomend keep them until further notice.
Actually, I would reccomend collect more of them. Who knows, there might be a new ship next year, and in that case you might have a headstart on getting another 1000 quicker. Lets say you'll manage 600 extras... ...then you'll only need 400 next year to get the ship.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Career Officer
# 5
01-01-2013, 10:04 AM
I heard Cryptic was planing to email people actual 8x10 scale replica Q posters for every one remaining in their inventory at the closing of the event.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 6
01-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I heard Cryptic was planing to email people actual 8x10 scale replica Q posters for every one remaining in their inventory at the closing of the event.
Cool. So when i recieve proper 1000 8x10's in my email, can i reply and get a proper starship for'em?
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Rihannsu
# 7
01-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Hmm... it'd be cool if we could convert them to GPL later.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Empire Veteran
# 8
01-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i think the cryptic QA team must have overlooked this due to doing extensive testing and adjustment...

no srsly...i'm 100% sure nobody had asked this question when they came up with the idea...

also why 40 per day up to 1000...why not 4 and up to 100? Or 1 up to 25? Some things just do not follow any pattern that might be understandable to humans in this game.
It makes sense when you take a look at the holiday item vendor: you can buy an insignificant amount of pictures for a significant amount of lobi crystals. Which is why i won't compensate the races "lost" during my holidays and won't get that ship anyway. And i'm pretty sure many people will do the same. (At least I hope so).
Career Officer
# 9
01-01-2013, 10:40 AM
I know that from my own standpoint, after getting all the 1000 photos on all my toons in 2 days time I will have run 275 races and i am sorry but I am not running any more for a few surplus photos even if they are worth GPL later.

Chances are I will basically give STO a break until maybe the third anniversary and go to another game since this one has distracted me for so long.

My advice therefore is it really worth running the race when better rewards are available elsewhere once you have the ship, especially since the dilithium market is flatlining and zen is dirt cheap?
Captain
# 10
01-01-2013, 11:19 AM
It would make sense for the pictures to be convertible to at least GPL. But they're not and I'm really not sure any available conversion for them is planned.

I think I won't be collecting them after getting the ships (a couple days, hopefully).

And I also don't know what I'll actually do with the winter commodities. I guess they'll be virtually unsaleable after the event ends, since there'll be no use for them... until the next year, possibly. But who can tell what the next winter event will be like?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!