Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek CCG Playing Cards?
05-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Hey Guys.

Weird Question.

Just curious if anyone knows where i can buy online these star trek ccg playing cards. i wanna collect them.
but because they are to old i cant find them anywhere.

there the ones that come with different starter decks like federation borg romulen cardassin and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimz1990borg
Hey Guys.

Weird Question.

Just curious if anyone knows where i can buy online these star trek ccg playing cards. i wanna collect them.
but because they are to old i cant find them anywhere.

there the ones that come with different starter decks like federation borg romulen cardassin and so on.
Tried ebay?
Lt. Commander
# 3 1 time
05-27-2012, 08:09 AM
THe frist version of the game was major faliure hope it dose better 2nd time out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
THe frist version of the game was major faliure hope it dose better 2nd time out.
It wasn't a bad game. It just had a lot of competition.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Your best bet is probebly E-Bay, if they are the ones im thinking of they were made by Decipher games and carried on through the 90s / very early 00s , they also had the card rights the Star Wars CCG from 1995 onwards till around 2002

I used to collect the SW Decipher cards, still do - just need around 6-7 left of the Ultra Rares and the Tourney foils, i go to conventions to get them signed by the actors who played them

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Decipher
Little info here, loads more by google search obviously
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I loved collecting those cards too. And yes, the other card games out there made it hard to complete. With the economic slow down, most card games and role playing games too a big hit. Not to mention, the Preimer Beta white border edition's numerous print and reprints all but made that set worthless.

I mostly find them on ebay. Very rarely can I find them hidden in remote card shops, mostly neglected and religated to the dust. It is because I have bought up the store owner's entire stocks that I have been given the nickname "Liquidator Brunt".

It would be nice to see some of the characters, ships, locations, and events(Interrupts, Events, Incidents, etc.) make an appearance in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Yea looks like ebay is all i got. i checked it out white border and black border but all i need is the starter decks so me and a friend can play but ebay dont have them =(
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2012, 11:59 PM
heh...

I spent well over $1000 collecting those cards...

I've still got a couple of unopened packs and I think about 2500 cards all sorted in binders and card boxes.

Use to go every Wednesday evening to a hobby store near me and play the game with other Trek fans.

I think there's one Ultra-Rare Data card that I was never able to get.

Fun times.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-28-2012, 08:35 AM
if you look carefully online you will find a pdf file with ALL the cards in it
some people print these off and make their own
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
if you look carefully online you will find a pdf file with ALL the cards in it
some people print these off and make their own
And I would love to make custom cards based on Star Trek Characters I have created, such as my STO captain, Voru.