Captain
# 11
01-12-2013, 10:39 AM
I would like to see the bases and ship interiors made greater use of in general.
Lieutenant
# 12
01-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperthumper View Post
IMO, the main reason for you to go to DS9 is the layout. On ESD and First City, you need to do some running around to get from destination A to destination B. DS9 is a more compact layout, so you can get more things done during your "pit-stop" in a shorter amount of time.

I agree with giving each station a different specialty store, though.

DS7 has a better layout than DS9. Surprised it isn't more popular.
Captain
# 13
01-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
One reason to go to DS9 is that Cardassian space has a lot of juicy Duty Officer assignment chains, particularly recruitment ones.
This!

DS9 is a great hub for doffing, especially when one is creating a new KDF.character working on the consular and support chains. Exchange, Bank, Ship Selector, Space/Ground consumables and most importantly: contraband turn-in.

If you don'T have any reason to visit DS9, you probably won't have any to visit ESD or First City.
Career Officer
# 14
01-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archofwinter View Post
I go talk to Morn once in a while down at Quark!
Because Quark is fun!
But Morn never gives you a chance to say anything, just talks about his latest romantic conquest, trading, sex, STO, sex...
Career Officer
# 15
01-12-2013, 02:47 PM
There is a reason to go to DS9... Morn.

Talk to him... just dont ask him where hes been... you wont get away if you do.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Quark left a lot of small change under the seats
Republic Veteran
# 17
01-12-2013, 04:18 PM
We have a lot of underused social areas, and an abundance of instantly accessible menus. Anyone else seeing a potential solution here?
Ensign
# 18
01-12-2013, 05:25 PM
A lot of people have posted some excellent reasons here for visiting DS9, with DOFF missions and item bartering being good examples, but it's still not enough. They're more the "under the hood" features rather than being up front and obviously visual features such as the old STF store.

One of the reasons why I raise this subject is because, by and large, I'm a social gamer.

I'm not big on MMO's in general and STO is the only one I play simply because of the fact that it's Star Trek. While I enjoy PvE and I especially love PvP (despite the fact the current PvP system is pretty much garbage and VERY poorly supported) and the the story missions, in between those events I also just like to chill, look around and explore and catch up with friends. My mate and I will often sit up at the third level of Quarks bar and chat while playing Dabo.

I like the idea of being able to look around on a base and see if there's anything I want from a shopfront or if there's a service I want, maybe even add a few more mini-games. In other words, make the Starbase environments more immersive than they actually are. Let them be a pleasant distraction between gameplay events.

I think Bajor could be put to better use as well.

Last edited by macphatt; 01-12-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Captain
# 19
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Why go to DS9?

1. It's obvious the devs are all DS9 fanboys since it looks like most of the love and effort (pre New Romulus, anyway) went into it and Bajor. Even if Bajor is a small map it's quite lovely and I'd go there over DS9 if there was a security officer to turn contraband in to.

2. As mentioned above, that sector of space has some of the better Diplomacy and Marauding Doff missions. And when you turn in contraband, it's not too far of a hike. It's also one of the few places where KDF and Feds can hang out together that doesn't involve weirdos standing on tables e-flirting.

3. Most of the political and religious bickering in zone chat seems to have moved to ESD, so you might be able to get your questions answered there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macphatt View Post
I like the idea of being able to look around on a base and see if there's anything I want from a shopfront or if there's a service I want, maybe even add a few more mini-games. In other words, make the Starbase environments more immersive than they actually are. Let them be a pleasant distraction between gameplay events.
I feel this to be an excellent idea. I'd like to see all of the "worlds" have this. Risa and Andoria too.
# 20
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
No Political discussion and a lack of gorn puns.

Since season 7 DS9 has become the best place to go to avoid the general chat spam.