Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 11
01-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
The Gorn aren't part of the Federation, and never have been. Just because they're not the most willing KDF members, doesn't mean they'll immediately jump to the Feds. they probably just want independence.
While the Gorn won't enmass join SF because of disliking the Empire, many will see it as a far better prospect than becoming a Klingon slave. the Federation has always allowed non-member species to join Starfleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
The only Gorn DOffs (excluding Cornelius from the Hamlet set) are defection/diplomacy rewards.
I have tons of Gorn doff in both diplomacy and security sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
If you want to play as a Gorn, get a KDF character, instead of being the usual Fed-fanboi that wants everything from both factions under the Feddie banner.
And here we get the the crux of your "argument." You are bitter there isn't more KDF stuff. I agree with you there but reflexivie bitterness and an "I'm not getting a fair deal so screw everyone else" attitude is profoundly unhelpful--both to your own cause or the people you share this community with.

Last edited by ajstoner; 01-12-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 55
# 12
01-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I'd love to see some Gorn, Caitian, Ferasan and other parts available for 'Alien'.

I'd also like costumes not to be locked to uniform/off duty, and shared more. Orion skimpy and Nausicaan blades for all!


It won't happen, but I can dream..
odd thing happened to me the other day related to this... I was at the bank when low and behold a Gorn came running in and accessed the bank. They were wearing a default fed uniform with the kdf back bone armor. I clicked on them and hit info and it said alien!?

I tried sending him a tell but it said he had me on ignore which i'm guessing you had to be on his friends list to send one... I wish I got his handle tho but didn't think about it..
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 55
# 13
01-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
The Gorn aren't part of the Federation, and never have been. Just because they're not the most willing KDF members, doesn't mean they'll immediately jump to the Feds. they probably just want independence.

The only Gorn DOffs (excluding Cornelius from the Hamlet set) are defection/diplomacy rewards.

If you want to play as a Gorn, get a KDF character, instead of being the usual Fed-fanboi that wants everything from both factions under the Feddie banner.

Yet there's Klingon Fed charters... your point is pointless... :/
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 14
01-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity8060 View Post
odd thing happened to me the other day related to this... I was at the bank when low and behold a Gorn came running in and accessed the bank. They were wearing a default fed uniform with the kdf back bone armor. I clicked on them and hit info and it said alien!?

I tried sending him a tell but it said he had me on ignore which i'm guessing you had to be on his friends list to send one... I wish I got his handle tho but didn't think about it..
The alien maker used to allow the creation of Gorn characters--it was removed. Those who already set-up Gorn aliens can keep using them but cannot make use of the tailor without losing these "Gorn parts."
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 15
01-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Really?? Argh!

I want more options, not less!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 16
01-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
You have not served with many Gorn if you think KDF ships are any better. The KDF builds their ships to be small and spartan by design. The Federation's beds and doors are too small to be comfortable but at least their rooms offer enough space for one to curl up on the floor.
oddly my Gorn Captain fits on the KDF beds

of course if he was uncomfortable he would squish up a few orions to make a matress
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 374
# 17
01-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I'd rather see this expanded to be a wholesale "Defection" mechanic where you can make any character and then switch sides.

(In either direction)
Adding to this, I'll point out we just recently got "Adapted M.A.C.O/Honor Guard" sets, which for those of you who don't know (I didn't until recently) are basically palette-swapped versions of the Honor Guard KDF set for the Federation (Adapted MACO) and the MACO FED set for the KDF (Adapted Honor Guard).

In any case, it doesn't seem like such a stretch for adaptations to each side.
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 18
01-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
While the Gorn won't enmass join SF because of disliking the Empire, many will see it as a far better prospect than becoming a Klingon slave. the Federation has always allowed non-member species to join Starfleet.


I have tons of Gorn doff in both diplomacy and security sections.


And here we get the the crux of your "argument." You are bitter there isn't more KDF stuff. I agree with you there but reflexivie bitterness and an "I'm not getting a fair deal so screw everyone else" attitude is profoundly unhelpful--both to your own cause or the people you share this community with.
Accept the Gorn are not slaves in the Empire. They have a represenitive on the high council and have been able to even keep thier society intact.
By Kahless, one even spoke for the HC at DS9 when the 2400 returned.
The "slave" reasoning does not fly.

There is no reason for the Gorn to be in Star Fleet, but there is a reason in the Path to 2409/ "the Needs of the Many" why they are not

Would be better to just put the costume options in the creator and let it be unofficial like those whom made thier own fed Orions using the alien creator.

Though his reluctance to see the Gorn taken from the KDF is a valid one
We have lost stuff in the past to fan driven desires and fan dislike for playing the KDF as excuse. Hardly an honest reason to not just play KDF Gorn.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 01-12-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 19
01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
The alien maker used to allow the creation of Gorn characters--it was removed. Those who already set-up Gorn aliens can keep using them but cannot make use of the tailor without losing these "Gorn parts."
Maybe it was removed for a reason? Like an attempt to maintain a factional difference in accordance with the back story of STO.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 20
01-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity8060 View Post
Yet there's Klingon Fed charters... your point is pointless... :/
Becuase they set the precident with Worf in the TNG series and they honored that precident in the game.

Show me the episode that ever showed a Gorn on Star Fleet.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 AM.