Empire Veteran
# 21
01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picapica74 View Post
The Borg aren't part of the federation either and we can play liberated Borg. I don't really see a problem with Gorn players, but we shouldn't see Gorn ships on Fed side.

Not that it really matters anymore. KDF or Fed, you're gonna see a bunch flying weird lockbox ships on both sides.
Liberated Borg are part of the federation though and that is what the players option is, not drones.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 22
01-13-2013, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Gorn are too big for federation ships (would not fit in the bunks)
Have you wandered around a Federation ship in STO? The corridors are three or times the height of any human I've ever seen!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Memory Alpha says Gorn can not communicate verbally (talk) where was this ever stated?
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
01-13-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedman70 View Post
Memory Alpha says Gorn can not communicate verbally (talk) where was this ever stated?
Further grounds for discounting memory alpha as what it is

a WIKI written by people of very limited knowledge

the Gorn can talk
Career Officer
# 25
01-13-2013, 06:55 AM
The Gorn in "In a Mirror Darkly" made some kind of noises when it spoke into the communicator, which was probably translated by the UTL.
The Gorn probably did not know any human language (why should it anyway?) so there's no way to know it's incapable of learning and speaking one.

Yeah, while Mem Alpha does contain some interesting pieces of information, some of it is pretty weird and lacks proper sources.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
01-13-2013, 07:08 AM
ALL of it is suspect its a WIKI (Written by Idiots)
Career Officer
# 27
01-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
ALL of it is suspect its a WIKI (Written by Idiots)
I think this little anecdote should explain how suspicious I am when it comes to WIKIs.
A friend of mine was once a GM for an RP round.
He had an increadibly annoying guy in his round who kept pestering whenever my friend used an actual mythical figure of sorts but gave that figure characteristics that didn't match its description in wikipedia.
So my friend "invented" some kind of monster and put an article about it onto wikipedia.
This very much solved his problems since the guy checked up on wikipedia and of course the monster in the RP round matched the monster on wikipedia....
Rihannsu
# 28
01-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
There is no reason for the Gorn to be in Star Fleet, but there is a reason in the Path to 2409/ "the Needs of the Many" why they are not
Except the Gorn are in Starfleet. You can get Gorn bridge officers and duty officers. And Starfleet isn't racist enough to say those Gorn can never be captain of a ship.
Rihannsu
# 29
01-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedman70 View Post
Quote:
Further grounds for discounting memory alpha as what it is

a WIKI written by people of very limited knowledge

the Gorn can talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
The Gorn in "In a Mirror Darkly" made some kind of noises when it spoke into the communicator, which was probably translated by the UTL.
The Gorn probably did not know any human language (why should it anyway?) so there's no way to know it's incapable of learning and speaking one.

Yeah, while Mem Alpha does contain some interesting pieces of information, some of it is pretty weird and lacks proper sources.
The memory Alpha article on Gorn says no such thing. AND it hasn't been changed for over two months.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 30
01-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
The memory Alpha article on Gorn says no such thing. AND it hasn't been changed for over two months.
It's at the bottom, in the "Background Section":

"The Gorn were originally to have been featured as the villains in the 2001 Enterprise episode "The Andorian Incident". One reason why their role in the story was replaced with the Andorians was that the Gorn, unlike the Andorians, were unable to talk."