Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 71
01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Gorn on the fed side just wouldn't really fit tbh. The Federation is known for civility and humanity and good will towards others. The Gorn are giant talking lizards. I personally love the Gorn (who doesn't love a giant talking violent yet intelligent lizard?), but they don't really match the fed MO.

And I agree with Roach here. If you want a Gorn so badly, just roll a KDF. You get better ships, missions that are more entertaining (cmon, you all love slaughtering those poor feds in Pi Canis), and did I mention better ships? At least as combat goes?

However mimey is right, the feds eventually do get what they want, because they know if they whine enough they are gorn get what they are begging for.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 72
01-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Right now my main complaint is that KDF should be available for new players from level 1.

Playing a Fed first is a faction killer.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,798
# 73
01-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
C Store (I insist on calling it that)
That's good, because it's still called the "Cryptic Store" or "C-Store" on the website and in-game.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 351
# 74
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
There are always some traitors

http://i.imgur.com/h6tzW.jpg
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 75
01-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I don't like Gorn all that much. I don't think they are bad or anything, it's more the fact that I don't enjoy having to give up 3 trait slots just to play one.



Anywho, I don't feel the problem here is so much that Gorns would be playable on the Fed side. The reason KDF players always are so bitter and such isn't just because Feds are getting KDF stuff, it's that Fed players are getting KDF stuff time and time again, and...the KDF still doesn't get anything in return.

Anytime the Feds want something, they get it almost guaranteed every time with enough whining. (Note: I'm not saying that you are whining, OP) I wouldn't be surprised if Feds get a battle cloak eventually.

So KDF ends up just having to sit there, while the Feds are running around with more and more toys and such, yet they are still only a half-faction, getting only cross-faction content which the devs use as an excuse to not work on finishing them out. Which essentially is both Fed players (the whiny ones that is), and the devs saying 'Well, you really should be happy with what you have already.'

KDF doesn't want Fed-only toys, they don't want special treatment for any reason, all the KDF wants is EQUAL treatment from the devs:

1-50 story content with unique Klingon stories (and not just mostly FEs with slightly altered text), a larger variety of ships roughly on-par with Fed ships (including more ships with 5-consoles), unique mechanics and things that give advantages over Feds (and Feds would have advantages over KDF), and so on.



Quite the large list, I know, but it's also gotten that bad as well. The game is coming close to 3 years old, and the gap between Feds and KDF only continues to grow.

All that put aside now, I don't personally really care if there were Fed Gorn. I'd rather see new species for both sides put in rather than cross-faction ones.
A lot of truth in this post......really accurate truths.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 76
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Well, there WAS that Gorn crewman that was a rebel in Enterprise's MU episodes... what? Its called Starfleet too!
I had forgotten those episodes. It sets excellent precident for the MU STar Fleet faction to have Gorn slaves as a player race.
Not the non-MU Star Fleet though.

The OP may not like MU SF though since its basically a far more evil version of the KDF (like the old ToS klingons) and he hates all things KDF.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,231
# 77
01-14-2013, 08:13 PM
I dont think Gorn would realy work, but what about Gorn outcasts .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gecko
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here:
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,762
# 78
01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I don't like Gorn all that much. I don't think they are bad or anything, it's more the fact that I don't enjoy having to give up 3 trait slots just to play one.



Anywho, I don't feel the problem here is so much that Gorns would be playable on the Fed side. The reason KDF players always are so bitter and such isn't just because Feds are getting KDF stuff, it's that Fed players are getting KDF stuff time and time again, and...the KDF still doesn't get anything in return.

Anytime the Feds want something, they get it almost guaranteed every time with enough whining. (Note: I'm not saying that you are whining, OP) I wouldn't be surprised if Feds get a battle cloak eventually.

So KDF ends up just having to sit there, while the Feds are running around with more and more toys and such, yet they are still only a half-faction, getting only cross-faction content which the devs use as an excuse to not work on finishing them out. Which essentially is both Fed players (the whiny ones that is), and the devs saying 'Well, you really should be happy with what you have already.'

KDF doesn't want Fed-only toys, they don't want special treatment for any reason, all the KDF wants is EQUAL treatment from the devs:

1-50 story content with unique Klingon stories (and not just mostly FEs with slightly altered text), a larger variety of ships roughly on-par with Fed ships (including more ships with 5-consoles), unique mechanics and things that give advantages over Feds (and Feds would have advantages over KDF), and so on.



Quite the large list, I know, but it's also gotten that bad as well. The game is coming close to 3 years old, and the gap between Feds and KDF only continues to grow.

All that put aside now, I don't personally really care if there were Fed Gorn. I'd rather see new species for both sides put in rather than cross-faction ones.
Well said.

Here's a reference for those who are unaware of the history of the Cryptic's promises made regarding the KDF in this game:

http://www.stowiki.org/Usereregrine_Falcon


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 79
01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I had forgotten those episodes. It sets excellent precident for the MU STar Fleet faction to have Gorn slaves as a player race.
Not the non-MU Star Fleet though.
Whic, since it is a mirror universe, down to the individuals populating it, we can assume that Gorn works for Starfleet in this universe too. Ha ha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The OP may not like MU SF though since its basically a far more evil version of the KDF (like the old ToS klingons) and he hates all things KDF.
No, just don't really care for that faction. You have, sir, through out this discussion, resorted to ignoring completely valid points that you had no response to, claimed no such points were even made when they clearly were, attacked people's character to avoid making points of your own, and made baseless assertions about other people's motivations. I have noticed you do this elsewhere as well. You are a troll lacking either the capasity or willingness to discuss an issue honestly if you see yourself as having a horse in the race.

No one is trying to rip you off. The KDF doesn't get equal attention because hardly anyone plays it: the end.

Last edited by ajstoner; 01-15-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 80
01-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I don't like Gorn all that much. I don't think they are bad or anything, it's more the fact that I don't enjoy having to give up 3 trait slots just to play one.
Thus I have suggested that you have the OPTION to play one or NOT. Why should your personal taste in this matter a deciding factor?



Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Anywho, I don't feel the problem here is so much that Gorns would be playable on the Fed side. The reason KDF players always are so bitter and such isn't just because Feds are getting KDF stuff, it's that Fed players are getting KDF stuff time and time again, and...the KDF still doesn't get anything in return.
Pretty much the entire player base is on the Fed side so this SHOULD be the case. If half, or even close to it, of the player base was on the KDF side I would agree that they have cause for some outrage. It is not--they DO not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Anytime the Feds want something, they get it almost guaranteed every time with enough whining. (Note: I'm not saying that you are whining, OP) I wouldn't be surprised if Feds get a battle cloak eventually.
No, you are saying that everyone on the Fed side does nothing but whine. It is a mass character assault, not one specific to me. I understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
So KDF ends up just having to sit there, while the Feds are running around with more and more toys and such, yet they are still only a half-faction, getting only cross-faction content which the devs use as an excuse to not work on finishing them out. Which essentially is both Fed players (the whiny ones that is), and the devs saying 'Well, you really should be happy with what you have already.'
I have always, and will continue to, state that the KDF needs a lot more attention. I say this despite the fact that I won't really play one even if they do. I am concerned for the entire player base not just a group of them I happen to belong to. This reactionary tribalism is not helpful to this, or frankly any, discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
KDF doesn't want Fed-only toys, they don't want special treatment for any reason, all the KDF wants is EQUAL treatment from the devs:

1-50 story content with unique Klingon stories (and not just mostly FEs with slightly altered text), a larger variety of ships roughly on-par with Fed ships (including more ships with 5-consoles), unique mechanics and things that give advantages over Feds (and Feds would have advantages over KDF), and so on.
I 100% agree with this. The fact is you don't have the player base to really justify this kind of attention. This is one of the reasons that such a high number of Foundry missions (and some of the best being made right now) are on the KDF side. I have myself begun working on some because I honestly want to be helpful there and do my part to flesh-out the game and all its playable factions despite the fact that I don't really even play my KDF character except to test them. I really enjoy having representatives of the KDF player base spitting in my face and calling me a thief (in so many words) because I suggested something not to their personal advantage despite its having no negative effects on them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Quite the large list, I know, but it's also gotten that bad as well. The game is coming close to 3 years old, and the gap between Feds and KDF only continues to grow.

All that put aside now, I don't personally really care if there were Fed Gorn. I'd rather see new species for both sides put in rather than cross-faction ones.
I also agree with this completely. I think any race should be available to either faction, these species have been interacting for a long time and there are doubtless a lot of Humans living in the Empire's territory and who think along the same lines as they do. Certain ones should be semi-restricted (put in the C Store for example) to keep their relative numbers low but outright restrictions are pointless.

Again, I do not want to take anything from anyone. The KDF needs more players to get more attention; not my fault.

Last edited by ajstoner; 01-15-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 AM.