Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,813
# 81
01-15-2013, 08:49 AM
We Feds already have a Lizard race... they are called SAURIANS.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,515
# 82
01-15-2013, 08:55 AM
It's Not going to happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 159
# 83
01-15-2013, 09:16 AM
I enjoy playing my Gorn as KDF sci, he has both Time Ships, as I find the KDF time ships very Gorn appropriate, what with the Dragon Head shaped hulls. I have a Gorn BOFF for one of my Feds as well. I must say I play my KDF more, more contrabands.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 520
# 84
01-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
We Feds already have a Lizard race... they are called SAURIANS.
Not the same, not what's being discussed, thank you for playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
It's Not going to happen.
Well, I guess it just sucks for me that you are in charge. Oh, wait, you're not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by potasssium View Post
I enjoy playing my Gorn as KDF sci, he has both Time Ships, as I find the KDF time ships very Gorn appropriate, what with the Dragon Head shaped hulls. I have a Gorn BOFF for one of my Feds as well. I must say I play my KDF more, more contrabands.
That's nice. Off-topic and irrelevant, but glad you are having fun.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,309
# 85
01-15-2013, 09:58 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Whic, since it is a mirror universe, down to the individuals populating it, we can assume that Gorn works for Starfleet in this universe too. Ha ha...
If we are going to work off assumptions then anything can work since it has no concrete basis in fact.

Quote:
No, just don't really care for that faction. You have, sir, through out this discussion, resorted to ignoring completely valid points that you had no response to, claimed no such points were even made when they clearly were, attacked people's character to avoid making points of your own, and made baseless assertions about other people's motivations. I have noticed you do this elsewhere as well. You are a troll lacking either the capasity or willingness to discuss an issue honestly if you see yourself as having a horse in the race.
Which is why your assumptions are being ignored by me. As to attacking posts that give good reasons- I have not. I have countered your assumptions only which are not supported by any facts.
One fact being we never saw any Gorn working with Star Fleet except for the MU ENT episode.

Quote:
No one is trying to rip you off. The KDF doesn't get equal attention because hardly anyone plays it: the end.
Plenty play the KDF, if only to farm for thier feds.
I am not worried about being ripped off as a KDF player becuase I'm not forced to spend anything to play STO or KDF. For example, I like Andorians but have made no Thread pushing that the game be changed to suit that liking.
My concerns is that once again we have a KDF hating fed whom is unwilling to play the faction that has what he wants and is upset the option to play what he desires has been removed from the options- and he missed it so he wants it.

A purely selfish attitude that helps nothing but degrades the game further for everyone whom is not so self-concerned and has the courage to try something new instead of wanting the game changed to suit them as evidenced by responses to all whom tell you No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny
We Feds already have a Lizard race... they are called SAURIANS.

Not the same, not what's being discussed, thank you for playing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii
It's Not going to happen.

Well, I guess it just sucks for me that you are in charge. Oh, wait, you're not...


Quote:
Originally Posted by potasssium
I enjoy playing my Gorn as KDF sci, he has both Time Ships, as I find the KDF time ships very Gorn appropriate, what with the Dragon Head shaped hulls. I have a Gorn BOFF for one of my Feds as well. I must say I play my KDF more, more contrabands.

That's nice. Off-topic and irrelevant, but glad you are having fun.
You remind me of Sophie. Unwilling to accept anything but your point of view and dismissing all others.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 01-15-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 520
# 86
01-15-2013, 10:15 AM
That would be fine, roach, if anything I said could be interpreted in that way by a reasonable person. It can't is the thing. I am done responding to you since you cannot be civil or honest.

I will, however, congratulate you on finding a good, solid tactic to get what you want: create rancor in the thread discussing a topic to get anyone reading it to dismiss the idea based not on its own merits but simply by making them want to avoid the trouble some are so willing to generate. Sadly, this method is tried and true.

Last edited by ajstoner; 01-15-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
# 87
01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picapica74 View Post
I like the defection idea, tho it'd be nice to have KDF content to defect from, lol
There is also a Playable Klingon for the FED side also.

Just Saying
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 520
# 88
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank900 View Post
There is also a Playable Klingon for the FED side also.
Exactly, if a large number of Klingons themselves are not interested in serving the Empire it is silly to conclude that members of its subject races would be unwilling to even consider it.

In retrospect I should have made the thread about opening all races (with C Store restrictions as needed) to every faction as opposed to the one I was specifically interested in myself. My thinking was that this was the easier "sell" to Cryptic but I should have guessed what was coming...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 126
# 89
01-15-2013, 11:31 AM
I like the defection idea myself but would never play a gorn for the same reason as another poster (forget who) stated you give up too many traits for them.

IMHO it seems that some of the more vocal fed posters (not saying all fed posters) can whine about not having something and eventually they get it.
eg.
cloaks - used primarily for ambushes and sneak attacks neither well liked by canon
Federation Starfleet
universal console slots - all ships should have this because as each console can be
customised by the users and, I think, was done in one episode
(not sure tho)

Both of the above started KDF until enough fed players complained about their faction not
having either of them.

But back on topic, I personally do not want federation playable gorn because it is something taken from the KDF and nothing gained in return.

Before people complain that I am a fed only player, I play both Fed and KDF and I want a full faction KDF for people to experience. IMHO the KDF right now is like starting a book or a movie in the middle and going to the end, no fun at all. Which is one of the problems the other is that you can not play KDF until you get used to playing a federation toon.

I have been playing STO since launch and been a lurker on the forums since then I do not post much as I do not want to violate forum rules and get an infraction.

Last edited by crappyturbo; 01-15-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: added information
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,751
# 90
01-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Thus I have suggested that you have the OPTION to play one or NOT. Why should your personal taste in this matter a deciding factor?

Pretty much the entire player base is on the Fed side so this SHOULD be the case. If half, or even close to it, of the player base was on the KDF side I would agree that they have cause for some outrage. It is not--they DO not.

No, you are saying that everyone on the Fed side does nothing but whine. It is a mass character assault, not one specific to me. I understand that.

I have always, and will continue to, state that the KDF needs a lot more attention. I say this despite the fact that I won't really play one even if they do. I am concerned for the entire player base not just a group of them I happen to belong to. This reactionary tribalism is not helpful to this, or frankly any, discussion.

I 100% agree with this. The fact is you don't have the player base to really justify this kind of attention. This is one of the reasons that such a high number of Foundry missions (and some of the best being made right now) are on the KDF side. I have myself begun working on some because I honestly want to be helpful there and do my part to flesh-out the game and all its playable factions despite the fact that I don't really even play my KDF character except to test them. I really enjoy having representatives of the KDF player base spitting in my face and calling me a thief (in so many words) because I suggested something not to their personal advantage despite its having no negative effects on them.

I also agree with this completely. I think any race should be available to either faction, these species have been interacting for a long time and there are doubtless a lot of Humans living in the Empire's territory and who think along the same lines as they do. Certain ones should be semi-restricted (put in the C Store for example) to keep their relative numbers low but outright restrictions are pointless.

Again, I do not want to take anything from anyone. The KDF needs more players to get more attention; not my fault.
1. Just giving my opinion on how I felt about it. If I saw Fed Gorn walking around starting tomorrow, I wouldn't bat an eye about it.

2. Well, you are right in that most people do play Feds. But why does giving Feds more and more KDF stuff make it 'right' then? Simply a lack of players isn't a good enough reason in my opinion. If the game wasn't nearing 3 years old I might agree with you more, but this is not a new or recent problem.

3. Fair enough, I'll bow on that not all Feds whine, and not all KDF whine, but there are whiners on both sides, but I still stand by the fact that Fed whining (again, not you, but others) HAS caused the Feds to get originally KDF stuff. A big example would be carriers.

4. Ok, well that is good and I am glad for it, but...I'm confused. You say you want the KDF to have attention, yet also say that it's ok for the Feds to get everything because they are the larger percentage of the playerbase?

5. Foundry is a good tool, and I enjoy playing missions considerably, I won't deny it. But again, I'm confused. You say you want the KDF to be expanded, but also say that we don't have the numbers to justify it.

If this game was new, or nearly-new, I'd say that you were right, we don't have the numbers or anything to justify it, because the game wouldn't have had time to get off the ground and such. But it isn't new, it's almost 3 years old. The reason KDF doesn't have the numbers is BECAUSE we haven't had the attention needed from long ago. Cryptic hasn't given enough time and effort to finish it out.

6. I wasn't saying cross-faction species, I meant more brand new and unique species for both sides. I could understand a couple cross-faction ones, but not necessarily all of them.

7. Yes it does indeed need attention, though I never said it was your fault. All I've been trying to do is just explain the larger issues the KDF tends to have about things.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:53 PM.