Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
Much as other posters have mentioned here, the Rep system can be extremely taxing on new characters or on players working more than one character.

I have a few older characters, that have a few million (1 mil to 5 mil, I'm sure other long time players have much, much more) expertise laying around.

I like that they finally have some productive things to do with this expertise such as Fleet/Embassy requirements and the Rep system.

On the other hand, some of my newer characters are woefully low on expertise (50k to 300k), and progress for several in the rep system has actually ground to a halt.

One thing that compounds this issue is that STFs do not give a lump expertise reward much like a typical mission completion would - actually on average you will only get about 1500 expertise from any single Elite STF.

I don't believe Tau Dewa offers a mission completion lump expertise reward, I could be wrong on this.

Rather than reduce the input requirements for expertise, I think it would be better to put in place expertise rewards for content that players are expected to be doing at endgame specifically with regards to the rep system: Romulan Dailies/Tau Dewa/Fleet Events & Normal/Elite STFs.

Captain
# 2
01-14-2013, 08:35 AM
I think an easy way around this (other than do high exp missions like red alert borg incursions, pvp dailies, or the gorn minefield type missions)

Make Terran invasion a staple mission, lower the exp reward to balance it a bit, and hey presto :p
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 3
01-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I think an easy way around this (other than do high exp missions like red alert borg incursions, pvp dailies, or the gorn minefield type missions)

Make Terran invasion a staple mission, lower the exp reward to balance it a bit, and hey presto :p
That's not a bad idea at all, and it could easily be rolled into a few gamewide changes adding expertise rewards where there may be none now.

For me, I personally feel that if I am involved performing tasks (especially daily tasks) in order to progress in X system that the requirements should (mostly) be met from partaking in the tasks the system was designed around.

Example:

Omega Rep System

Requirements for progression & purchase of items (generally speaking):

> Dilithium (anywhere from 3k to 32k for items)
> Omega Marks (16 to 32 for upper end projects, 250 to 900/1k for items)
> Expertise (15k at the upper end for 2 daily projects, some items can cost upwards of 32k - 64k expertise!)
> Commodity inputs (purchasable with EC)

Main tasks for progress: STF/Elite STFs (Also Defera, Borg Red Alerts - but STFs are far and wide the most actively used content I suspect)

Rewards from STFs:

> Dilithium (960 per elite, upper end of the spectrum - more awards available through BNPs/Marks, loot bag random roll)
> Omega Marks (60 to 90 for an Elite STF, upper end of the reward spectrum)
> Expertise from kills only (approx 1500 per STF)
> Loot drops sellable for ECs (more than enough to cover commodity inputs)

The only one that really feels out of wack are the expertise requirements / rewards ratio from actively taking part in the content the specific rep system is designed around.

Captain
# 4
01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Lump sum of Expertise from STFs... you mean like foundry missions that actually count to the Investigate Officer Reports Daily? Hm... So each ESTF gives you a little chunk of maybe... 800-900 expertise? Yeah, I could get behind this. Just don't make it too much. No more than 1200 IMO.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 5
01-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Lump sum of Expertise from STFs... you mean like foundry missions that actually count to the Investigate Officer Reports Daily?
Exactly.

Some amount based on however the devs calculate or based on whatever factors they use to decide expertise rewards for mission completions.