Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 651
# 31
01-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
That's a long-winded way of saying: We are aware of this issue, and are investigating solutions. But any solution that we may implement is unlikely to appear in the very near future.
  1. Why is FAW using the cannon accuracy formula instead of the more favourable beam accuracy formula?
  2. Couldn't you simply raise FAW's accuracy by a fixed value (or fixed multiplier) as a bandaid fix to somewhat restore its usefulness?
  3. The "phantom energy drain" issue still exists as far as I know. (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtwOWd6QmWY)
  4. Would it be possible to just keep the current visual side of FAW and replace the damage calculations by a slightly modified CSV code? Maybe that's easier then redeveloping FAW from the ground up.
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,975
# 32
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Can you simply allow the accuracy of the player roll into overflow for bonus Crit chance and damage like it would if it exceeded the targets defense?

Then atleast it would be doing something. Also why does FAW have a 20 second global cooldown when CRF, CSF, and BO are all a 15 minute global allowing two copies to have 2/3rd uptime?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,681
# 33
01-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Also why does FAW have a 20 second global cooldown when CRF, CSF, and BO are all a 15 minute global allowing two copies to have 2/3rd uptime?
I believe that was a band aid applied during FAW's heyday.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,639
# 34
01-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
There's no good reason that fixing FAW, or at least finding some other way for cruisers (and therefore engineers) to be viable again is not your top priority.

If it's at the bottom of your todo-list, then you need to reevaluate your schedule.
+1 F@W is not the only thing keeping engies down at the moment but how this is on hold so that ferasan NPC can make it to our starbase in time (for 200k Dil) is just mind boggling.

3 years into the game "it's complicated" ain't good enough. The first fix took almost 2 years, the fix for he fix seems to be on hold for almost as long. You action show how little cryptic actually cares about the state of balance in this game. Can't wait for the 5000 zen escort bundle.

Happy Snix Day, on hold since 2010
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 01-15-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 290
# 35
01-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
There's no good reason that fixing FAW, or at least finding some other way for cruisers (and therefore engineers) to be viable again is not your top priority.

If it's at the bottom of your todo-list, then you need to reevaluate your schedule.
It's just another example of how eng/cruisers need more luv and yet Cryptic can't do enough for the dps'ers. Well that's just more proof of how they want the players all in tac/escorts. I have VAs in all 3 classes and I WANT to like my eng/cruiser toon more, but really, what's the point.

Can't tell the difference between a fundamental and basic issue vs. the really important things like clothes and skins that don't make a darn bit of difference in game play. Bravo!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282
# 36
01-15-2013, 04:04 PM
FAW is just fine thank you very much. It's mostly used to clear spam, not a "I win!" button. You say dps'ers get all the love. What about all the broken consoles and/or abilties. I know for a fact you know what I am talking about. An engi can be a very tankie build and help keep his team alive. Remember its DPS that makes the kill, but the team to make it happen. Sci for subnuc/mega shield heals and engi for mega hull heals as well.

Anyone who is relying on FAW for damage or as a main source of attack is no pvp'er I would associate with.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 290
# 37
01-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
FAW is just fine thank you very much. It's mostly used to clear spam, not a "I win!" button. You say dps'ers get all the love. What about all the broken consoles and/or abilties. I know for a fact you know what I am talking about. An engi can be a very tankie build and help keep his team alive. Remember its DPS that makes the kill, but the team to make it happen. Sci for subnuc/mega shield heals and engi for mega hull heals as well.

Anyone who is relying on FAW for damage or as a main source of attack is no pvp'er I would associate with.
I guess you don't read the forums or play often if you think FAW is 'just fine thank you very much'.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282
# 38
01-15-2013, 05:22 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-16-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 290
# 39
01-15-2013, 05:41 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-16-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282
# 40
01-15-2013, 05:59 PM
most of the posters are from the same fleet. Its working as intended. We are not getting into the "I have been here longer argument, again." I won't allow it. (even though like many of the people here we played beta.)

75% accuracy is just fine in PvP, and in PvE it really does not matter. Again it is used as smal control, thats it.

Your asking a dev to take time from fixing REAL issues like Tachyon mines and give you something that would at that point be op? Please, try something else. Maybe chain AMS, oh wait it already is being done.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM.