Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
02-12-2013, 09:06 AM
No clue offhand, but we do have a number of Canadians at Cryptic, including one of our lead designers, so it wouldn't surprise me in the lease.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Rihannsu
# 12
02-12-2013, 09:09 AM
See we are infiltrating everywhere...soon we will rule the world and no one will ever know.....muhahahaha
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
02-12-2013, 09:18 AM
We seem to have an inordinate number of Canadians and Minnesotans for a company our size in California.
Obviously, we're a very nice place overall.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 14
02-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I would have thought this was obvious before.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
02-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
See we are infiltrating everywhere...soon we will rule the world and no one will ever know.....muhahahaha
I think you meant mueh eh eh eh ?
Community Moderator
# 16
02-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We seem to have an inordinate number of Canadians and Minnesotans for a company our size in California.
It said CA on the map, so you all got confused.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Captain
# 17
02-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post
While I respect your opinion regarding that show, I have to disagree with it.
I watched and enjoyed it. Friend from Canada got me to watch it. But from what I understood it was Very popular in Canada when it was still running. The only reason they stopped making it was because Brett Butt the lead actor and producer decided he wanted to do something else.

A sitcom that goes 6 years and isn't canceled has a much better run then most TV shows.

Last edited by cptvanor; 02-12-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Rihannsu
# 18
02-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post
While I respect your opinion regarding that show, I have to disagree with it. I couldn't sit through a single episode without groaning every five minutes. I'm a Canadian and I work in television, so I'm usually a fan of the stuff we produce, but that was... not our best effort, in my opinion.

That said, perhaps one of the devs disagrees with me. Who knows? Perhaps it is a veiled reference to Corner Gas.
You're no Canadian, you're a phoney!! Hey everyone he's a phoney, a great big phoney!!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
You're no Canadian, you're a phoney!! Hey everyone he's a phoney, a great big phoney!!!
lol, well, I guess I can get rid of this Canadian disguise now.

*Removes tuque and plaid flannel jacket, and drops the duct tape and hockey stick he was holding*

Seriously though, Canadian TV has done some amazing things. Trailer Park Boys was hilarious. All three Stargate series were filmed in BC and employed a large number of Canadian cast and crew members. The same is true of Battlestar Galactica (2004) and Caprica. And let's not forget Reboot! I'm not a fan of Corner Gas, but I'm not saying that we haven't had our fingers in some very tasty pies.

But back to the original point... from what Taco said, it sounds like it's possible one of the devs stuck the name in there intentionally. If so, good for you for catching it, OP.
Commander
# 20
02-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Corner Gas is awesome.

I was kind of hoping for a giant hoe to show up at the academy though...