Survivor of Romulus
# 1 ISE Tactical Cube deals
01-12-2013, 12:13 AM
just done ISE how the hell are you ment to live when this happens when useing brace for impact [7:59] [Combat (Self)] Tactical Cube deals 89724 (196497) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III. i had full shields at the time
Captain
# 2
01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
everybody is aware of this happening from time to time in elite stfs. personally i asume that the combat log is listing the dmg in the wrong order, and that this torpedo doesn't actually hit you at the time it is logged in combat log. this is the invisible torpedo...not invisible just dmg that had no animation ever and traveled in time due to lag or whatever. thats what i asume.

Also those torpedos are meant to be shot down and if not should kill a ship regardless of shields etc. I think that is the actual intention of this torpedo...shoot it down or die. Many RPG have bosses with those avoidable 1 shot abilitiys, the game mechanic in sto, or lag, or whatever makes some of them "invisible".
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 3
01-12-2013, 03:17 AM
"Torpedo - Heavy III". Um... shoot the bugga down next time? Or EM out? And if you're tractor'd, pray to god? Or hit BFAW, TS, CSV, or some other AoE attack? Or my personal fave in the event you cannot kill it in time: Fly in close to the tac cube so the splash damages it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 03:25 AM
[quote=hereticknight085;7450681 Fly in close to the tac cube so the splash damages it.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the best way to burn down a tac cube from time to time in my personal experience. With that said I have noticed that the tac cubes are critting again with these things atleast with the dot.
Captain
# 5
01-12-2013, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
This is one of the best way to burn down a tac cube from time to time in my personal experience. With that said I have noticed that the tac cubes are critting again with these things atleast with the dot.
Actually something funny I have found is if you time it right, you can burn in, and cause the plasma torp to detonate, but not damage you. I have had a few times where I came in on EM and APO3 and caused a HY plasma torp to blow up, but since I was over 1k away, I took no damage, and the cube did it's stupidly massive amount of damage to itself. But it's a dangerous game, and you are still more likely than not to get hit.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
01-12-2013, 03:43 AM
FAW
Repulsors
Evasive
plenty of options
Captain
# 7
01-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Shoot down the slow moving ball of plasma thats creeping towards you ffs. You're not supposed to survive getting hit by a heavy plasma torp from a tac cube, its a dummy check.
Commander
# 8
01-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbor2 View Post
just done ISE how the hell are you ment to live when this happens when useing brace for impact [7:59] [Combat (Self)] Tactical Cube deals 89724 (196497) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III. i had full shields at the time
i've survived a 70k+ torpedo hit with 50% hull gone before it hit no brace the fire cooked me a few moments later (just cant survive everything i guess) but to survive if you cant shoot in time avoid and its gonna hit have some netronium alloy armor i used the 17.5% ones x4 if you cant do that because of ship engineering consoles then well what can i say press u and fix it
Career Officer
# 9
01-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Working as intended:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borticus
There is always going to be a very good chance that an incoming High Yield Plasma torpedo will kill you outright, if it was fired from a Cube or Tac Cube. This is as designed, because they are easily countered by destroying them before they reach the intended target. They can also be outran, by using powers that increase your speed (like Evasive Maneuvers, e.g.).

Captain
# 10
01-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Actually something funny I have found is if you time it right, you can burn in, and cause the plasma torp to detonate, but not damage you. I have had a few times where I came in on EM and APO3 and caused a HY plasma torp to blow up, but since I was over 1k away, I took no damage, and the cube did it's stupidly massive amount of damage to itself. But it's a dangerous game, and you are still more likely than not to get hit.
They can miss and those abilities increase your defense score dramatically. It always tics me off when the regular cube ones miss me as it doubles the time it takes me to kill them on my Engie FPE.