Commander
# 1 suppose to be 2410 by now?
01-12-2013, 06:45 PM
We have been in 2409 for 3 years now. idk what has to been done to move up to 2410 or 2411, but i was thinking if moving up a year was possible. For the anniversery event, make a video on all that you guys at PWE, Cryptic, and even Atari(when they were here) have accomplished this 3 years(or one year if moving up to 2410, so to speak).

I personally think this game has come a long way in the past 3 years(im sure i forgot some of the great achievements), and i would like to see a video on those accomplishments this game has made.

Many people have complained about things in this game(im guilty too, i know), but i think over all this is a great game, and im happy i came across it almost 2 years ago.

Also with going up to 2410(again if possible), make a special map to go too, that has pictures of awards this game has won and some of the new ships and items that have been made.

Thank you all a Cryptic and PWE, this game is great
Captain
# 2
01-12-2013, 06:48 PM
It should certainly be 2410 by now, for two reasons:

- it's absurd to think that all this stuff is happening within twelve months
- the in-game chronology establishes that "the 2800" (which introduces the Enterprise-F) happened in late 2409, and the Enterprise-F was later seen celebrating First Contact day (which takes place in April).
Republic Veteran
# 3
01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
We are in a time loop and it will never end. Once Q let's us out we will find ourselves in 2413 and see what we missed in 3 years.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I see this game, like many comic books, as having a floating timeline. That is we never really have a "date" so it never really changes.

like i said, comics do this to explain why Peter Parker can be around since the 1960s and yet somehow still be 25-30 years old.

Bottomline, I don't think the game will ever be in 2410, but I wouldn't worry about hard dates and just enjoy the game.
Republic Veteran
# 5
01-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I see this game, like many comic books, as having a floating timeline. That is we never really have a "date" so it never really changes.

like i said, comics do this to explain why Peter Parker can be around since the 1960s and yet somehow still be 25-30 years old.

Bottomline, I don't think the game will ever be in 2410, but I wouldn't worry about hard dates and just enjoy the game.
This is Star Trek we need dates.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 6
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
We are in a time loop and it will never end. Once Q let's us out we will find ourselves in 2413 and see what we missed in 3 years.
Star Trek doing the Timewarp? Now that could be interesting. Some one make it happen. But not Branflakes, I saw that holiday video and it was not pretty.
Captain
# 7
01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
If anyone thinks they can go from Ensign to Vice Admiral in a couple of weeks, then they are sorely mistaken. Ensign and Lieutenant are probably in 2409, but the other ranks are later. Vice Admiral might be 2419 or 2429.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Ever since I started playing when the STO became F2P, I imagined the time of the story is relative to each players. So all ensigns are in 2409 and everyone who are vice admiral are in a later time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Every episode of The Simpsons is a single day in a calendar year, which explains why no one ever ages or changes their clothes, but perhaps not why the family suddenly has a flatscreen television. Or so goes my own, only-vaguely-analogous-to-STO theory.

In the context of the Klingon-Federation War, I'd prefer to think of it as another brief flare-up brought upon by outside forces just like the last war was. It would then make more sense to have it take place in a single year while the larger war covers multiple years. STO's story is already taking a lot of cues from DS9.

Unfortunately, the nature of MMOs means that moving ahead in the timeline is hard to do since all that older content is still there and accessible, and new to new players. An offline, single-player Star Trek RPG* wouldn't have that problem since it would be telling a more linear story. I never played WoW, but isn't Cataclysm what it took to accomplish similar goals? It was pretty divisive there from what I understand. Wouldn't be any less so here.

* someone go make that right now, I would love to see it.
---
Relax.

Last edited by delsaberedux; 01-12-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Well, I desperately want the timeline to approach 2410 for one reason only: the Nexus is due to pass through Federation space again, and that could make a hell of a mission, or even an STF.