Career Officer
# 11
01-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
Really? Ugh.

Given my KDF character will never see an embassy above Tier I, this is extremely annoying game design. At least my main KDF guy has a lot of XI gear from pre-S7.

I'd rather have a reputation grind, since I have hope.
Most people seem to be in this starship, so to speak. Given what I've heard about the science kits though...

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 12
01-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Really? Ugh.

Given my KDF character will never see an embassy above Tier I, this is extremely annoying game design. At least my main KDF guy has a lot of XI gear from pre-S7.

I'd rather have a reputation grind, since I have hope.
You know you can ask somebody to invite you to their Embassy and buy stuff, right?
Career Officer
# 13
01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
You know you can ask somebody to invite you to their Embassy and buy stuff, right?
Someone invited me to the starbase of his fleet a week ago and I couldn't buy anything.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
# 14
01-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Someone invited me to the starbase of his fleet a week ago and I couldn't buy anything.
Either they didn't have their store provisioned, you didn't have enough fleet credit and Dilithium to buy things, or I think it's possible to change the permissions on the stores (not sure, and don't feel like logging in at the moment to check.)

I have in the past purchased things in another fleet's store. In fact the main weapons on my current ship were purchased from another fleet's store.
Captain
# 15
01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
It's obnoxious to have to shop around for temporary fleet membership so you can get around a fundamentally dumb game mechanic.

And it's a sign of how broken it is that people have to resort to it.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
I heard that the ability do buy things from the star bases of others was patched out a few updates back.
Career Officer
# 17
01-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Either they didn't have their store provisioned, you didn't have enough fleet credit and Dilithium to buy things, or I think it's possible to change the permissions on the stores (not sure, and don't feel like logging in at the moment to check.)
According to my host the store was provisioned (according to my interface it was not) and I had far more dilithium and fleet credits than necessary.

Quote:
I have in the past purchased things in another fleet's store. In fact the main weapons on my current ship were purchased from another fleet's store.
Ah, the past. I remember a past where people bought the Yellowstone runabout from the C-Store and sold the engine on the exchange....
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 18
01-13-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't have a fleet and will never have. I won't join one because I only play from time to time, with sometimes I won't log for months.
It's annoying to have all the shiny toys only from huge fleet. Fleet weapon, fleet ship, fleet kits...
Also, I want the Romulan DOFF (or Boff ? ) but I can't. I'm r5 romulan, but it doesn't matter.

I found this disgusting to be forced to have a huge fleet or miss half the goodies.
Career Officer
# 19
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
It's obnoxious to have to shop around for temporary fleet membership so you can get around a fundamentally dumb game mechanic.

And it's a sign of how broken it is that people have to resort to it.
Very much this.
Captain
# 20
01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbehlpnu2012 View Post
really +80.1 to shields... alot of nothing that is gonna do for me...

Stats for space equipment, when viewed on the ground, are almost always way too low.

I don't know if there's any reliable way to see accurate stats for space equipment other than mounting it and going into space.