Rihannsu
# 11
01-13-2013, 05:10 AM
Run doff missions. If all you want is expertise, just run whatever random junk missions are available.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 12
01-13-2013, 05:16 AM
To get the armor and other items the timers have been changed.I think it is like 20 min now instead of the 20hours and it is has all ways been expensive right from the start of it.Expertise is not that hard to get.Just do tons of missions.With a 8 hour skill bonus from exchange will help with that.

Last edited by xcom43; 01-13-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 13
01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Yes, the expertise drain is a bit excessive. Not everyone stayed with one or two characters since the beginning. Not everyone has time to grind expertise to excess. You can't buy expertise. It will take you months to complete the sets with normal playtime and that's exactly what they want. Working as intended.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
01-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I agree, the expertise requirement is ridiculous. I would support removing this as a required currency and instead, raising the amount of DIL or marks to obtain the gear.

Not everyone wants to sit and grind expertise all day long, repeating the same garbage they did 2 years ago. Some like to pvp only, some like to run stf's all day. There is very little XP in that btw.

Please change it.
Captain
# 15
01-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
I agree, the expertise requirement is ridiculous. I would support removing this as a required currency and instead, raising the amount of DIL or marks to obtain the gear.

Not everyone wants to sit and grind expertise all day long, repeating the same garbage they did 2 years ago. Some like to pvp only, some like to run stf's all day. There is very little XP in that btw.

Please change it.
Of course you're the same fool who thinks that the Chel'gret sucks, which btw it doesn't. Also, if you are only interested in doing one thing in game, also not interested in putting in the time and effort, then you too do not deserve the rewards of the reputation system.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 16
01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Really?

Expertise is where you're having a problem?

How? I played through the game skipping MAYBE three missions and even after capping the reputation system and grinding out multiple items I'm STILL sitting on millions of EXP.

Hell, you get it each time you kill an enemy, not a lot per but it adds up quick.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
01-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I agree with the OP that the expertise demands are ridiculous. I like to try new setups, which require retraining BOFF's often and that is why my expertise is so low. The mirror event helps, though a lot of the time it only occurs in the early AM for me. ESTF's give a small amount of expertise from enemy kills vs borg encounters, which doesn't make since to me.

A solution to this would be to give ESTF's the same expertise per enemy killed as borg encounters do.

Last edited by pegasussgc; 01-13-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Captain
# 18
01-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasussgc View Post
I agree with the OP that the expertise demands are ridiculous. I like to try new setups, which require retraining BOFF's often and that is why my expertise is so low. The mirror event helps, though a lot of the time it only occurs in the early AM for me. ESTF's give a small amount of expertise from enemy kills vs borg encounters, which doesn't make since to me.

A solution to this would be to match the expertise given from enemy kills in the borg encounters to that given in ESTF's from enemy kills.
I'll tell you the same thing we've all been telling OP: System patrols. DOffs. Repeat Story missions. FINISH THE STORYLINE TO BEGIN WITH. You know, easy, simple stuff.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
01-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I'll tell you the same thing we've all been telling OP: System patrols. DOffs. Repeat Story missions. FINISH THE STORYLINE TO BEGIN WITH. You know, easy, simple stuff.
Easy, yes, no one is disputing that. These things are incredibly time consuming and for the record I've COMPLETELY FINISHED the story line multiple times (while leveling other toons) and to be honest the thought of doing it again is only barely more palatable then putting a bullet in my brain pan. I have college and a job, not time to redo the same boring story missions while my friends and fleetmates are off doing ESTF's which give only a fraction the expertise as the borg encounter enemies and their seemingly paper mache hull.
DOFFs are something I regularly do and have no problem doing, but again the amount of expertise received from doff missions over the course of 2 days doesn't even compare to that of 1 hour in the mirror event (again, doesn't always occur during convenient hours).
Captain
# 20
01-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Have you considered stacking The Big Dig (~7000 Expertise) with The Big Dig (Daily) (960 Dilithium/50 fleet marks). If you run the five minute mission once that is ~7000 Expertise, 1600 dilithium, and 50 fleet marks. There are also some space only combat missions that will rack up your expertise. For example, consider trying the foundry mission "Battleship royal rumble" while flying a high AoE ship. It doesn't have much story to it, but if you enjoy combat oriented missions it's fairly decent. And if you deal enough damage, you will be given expertise for each kill. At the end of the mission (about 15-20 minutes) you also get ~7000 expertise, 960 dilithium, and 50 fleet marks in addition to the base 2000 expertise granted for every completed foundry mission.

Another option is to do the system patrols. Some of these take a mere five minutes to complete and they award ~6000 expertise. Another option is to go for high expertise duty officer missions. Yes I know, this is going to take time to do. The truth is you are going to have to invest time into your alts to get the gear just like you would your main character. The alternative is to pop into the character once every day or so to set up some duty officer missions.