Login

Captain
# 31
01-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Agreed,

To get back on topic:

Give the Federation the Leach Console, we now have the Maco Shield so fair is fair in that respect.

I'm shocked that the Feds are not screaming for the Aceton Assimilator Console, the console is just Beastly
Personally I don't use the leech because in a B'rel torp boat it would be useless - but together with MACO shields it gives WAY to much power bonus that it becomes unbalanced.

This was the primary issue why old School KDF players like bitmepwe and others were against the KDF having MACO and the leech. It was a major imbalance issue.

But the fact that KDF has been given the MACO shields the only way to balance this is to let the Feds have the leech. Cryptic has made most of the argument against giving it to the Feds mute by giving the KDF the MACO and it's power bonus - so what's done is done.

But again - in all seriousness this will only affect 10% max of Fed players - and maybe 2% on a regular basis. But whatever.

Edit: Thinking about it a little more - if they give it to the Feds that could lead to a massive amount of Fed players having to spend 500 Zen on a respec Token if they have no points in Flow Capacitors and Insulators - Hmm wonder if that's planned?

Last edited by born2bwild1; 01-13-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 32
01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
You would get angry too if every victory you achieve in PvP would get you reactions like 'you only won because you have overpowered consoles/ships/battlecloak/BLA', leading to Feds on the forums demanding our 'superior' gear only to find out that they still lose the majority of PvP fights, which then leads to even MORE demands of content transfer from the KDF to the Federation. These people just don't get it that consoles or battlecloaks won't fix their weird builds, but instead of checking the PvP forums for help they cry for KDF stuff.
I remember all the Fed Outcry about how OP KDF Carriers were and how they were instant win and it was unfair that the Federation did not have them.

I still don't see many Fed players roling Carriers in many PVP matches.

Sometimes its not the Equipment but how it's used
Empire Veteran
# 33
01-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Edit: Thinking about it a little more - if they give it to the Feds that could lead to a massive amount of Fed players having to spend 500 Zen on a respec Token if they have no points in Flow Capacitors and Insulators - Hmm wonder if that's planned?
This will greatly boost the sales of whatever lock box the console ends up in and low and behold it will only affect the Fed player base, the player base that Cryptic gets most of its income from.......... just sayin
Captain
# 34
01-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversera View Post
Now that you've kindly given the best piece of federetion exclusive equipment to the Klingon there is no way in hell you can justify them keeping their leech console as exclusive. Having both the MACO shield AND the leech is just way too god a combo to be only available to one faction

This console HAS to be in the next lockbox, no way it can wait another 6 month for whatever the lockbox after the dominion one is. Now that I have my breen ship I need the drain to go with it and not a once every 3 minutes kind of drain.

Seems reasonable-especially if it costs what getting a Maco shield on the Klink side costs.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Empire Veteran
# 35
01-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversera View Post
Now that you've kindly given the best piece of federetion exclusive equipment to the Klingon there is no way in hell you can justify them keeping their leech console as exclusive. Having both the MACO shield AND the leech is just way too god a combo to be only available to one faction

This console HAS to be in the next lockbox, no way it can wait another 6 month for whatever the lockbox after the dominion one is. Now that I have my breen ship I need the drain to go with it and not a once every 3 minutes kind of drain.
Relax, since they made the sets cross faction, you know they are going to put the PL in a drop box.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 36
01-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Relax, since they made the sets cross faction, you know they are going to put the PL in a drop box.
Eventually everything will go into a lock-box.

Just hoping that the Anniversary KDF ship is actually a Klingon design and a 10 console ship - but unlike the Fed's we will have to wait longer to see what it is.
Empire Veteran
# 37
01-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Eventually everything will go into a lock-box.

Just hoping that the Anniversary KDF ship is actually a Klingon design and a 10 console ship - but unlike the Fed's we will have to wait longer to see what it is.
Lol, waiting is something I think the KDF fan learns quickly enough.

I do look forward to it though.

As well, I owe you an apology for the tenor of my posts against yours in other threads. For that I am sorry.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 38
01-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Ok so apparently this has devolved rapidly into a pvp arguement while I was sleeping, so I'll make it clear:

I don't give a **** about pvp, period.

Never entered a pvp match, never will.

I am perfectly happy that the klink finatly got the maco shield and they can stop dying everytime a tac cube sneeze at them, great for them.

I only care about one thing and that's the range of different power drain build that i'd love to try on the little borgies and I can't because I am not allowed to buy that damn console.

My one and rather frustrating concern is that my brand new assimilated breen warhip will never be a true breen war ship until I can put the leech console into it.

It's bloody annoying, it's like cryptic tease us by giving us a breen ship and then they taunt us us by refusing to gives us the tool we need to make that breen ship work like a breen ship.
Empire Veteran
# 39
01-13-2013, 08:14 PM
And all this time I thought this was a seriuos thread on balance concerns......

Turns out its just a "I want because I want " thread after all.
Captain
# 40
01-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Lol, waiting is something I think the KDF fan learns quickly enough.

I do look forward to it though.

As well, I owe you an apology for the tenor of my posts against yours in other threads. For that I am sorry.
No problem. I actually play both KDF and Fed - as I think everyone should. For one it gives more variety so as not to get bored and two you can get a perspective where both sides are coming from.

I think that if most Fed only players were to roll a KDF toon and use it for awhile there would be less hostility between faction players.

Unless you been in the KDF trenches its hard to see it from that perspective, so I wish they would promote the faction more. But this is a video game and we all want what we want - and just like in real life what we get is often not all that we want.

I just don't buy the "we should have our toys and not have to share argument" - it's kind of childish. Bottom line is that most KDF players are better at PvP because of practice and teamwork - that will still be effective no matter what the opponent has. I think there is more of "they can't have our toys" on the KDF side because the Feds get 5 or 6 toys to every 1 the KDF gets. KDF is kind of like a poor kid living in a rich neighbourhood.

WE NEED MORE SHIPS!!