Ensign
# 1 Control/Command Questions?
01-11-2013, 10:28 PM
I?m a complete newbie to MMOGs and have a couple of questions. I?m currently at the Secret Orders mission and my ship is constantly destroyed before I even get my enemies hull to 90%. I was hoping someone could answer these two questions in simple terms for me:

1.Is there a command that will keep my shields up where I don?t have to keep hitting buttons to work them?

2.Is there a command that will keep me locked on a target? The ships seem to move too fast for me to stay on the attack and I just can?t win.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2013, 03:06 AM
If you attack or are attacked, your shields will automatically established. Maybe your shields are insufficient.
If a enemy is in range and you push the spacebar, you will shoot at him. You should also put your weapons on autofire (right click on your weapon icons on your HUD, the edge will become green).
Captain
# 3
01-12-2013, 03:25 AM
Tactic Team automaticly distributes your shields to the attacked side.
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 11:30 AM
As to loosing target lock, it sounds like you are fighting Klingon Birds of Prey. They do have nasty tendency to cloak periodically on you. Science Ships and Science Captains have better sensors so you can detect cloaked ships from further away than others. But there is no way to prevent them from cloaking for long period of time. There are abilities which will disable their abilities to cloak temporarily. Charged Particle Burst of one of those abilities. Another is using a Tractor Beam on a BoP. It disable cloaking while TB is active.
Commander
# 5
01-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Visit this webpage www.hilbertguide.com and set up the keybind he suggests. This will allow you to easily keep your shields automatically distributing to the side facing incoming damage.

The guide will also give some helpful tips on other topics.
Ensign
# 6
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all the helpful tips everyone. It took me a couple hours, but I was finally able to clear that level.