Starfleet Veteran
# 1 STO content proposal
01-13-2013, 08:29 AM
If we were going to get a few missions, would you mind if some of them are more Trek like? IE: Try to form a treaty and stuff with no heaps of combat? I dont mean no combat at all , but just not much
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Lieutenant
# 2
01-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Agreed.

And let's drop this tired, machinated, "every mission must be 50% space and 50% ground" nonsense. It feels soulless.

Also, start using the player's ship interior for god's sake. I want to invite dignitaries to my ship as part of a mission. Maybe even solve a murder of a crewman.

I mean, literally, if my BOFFs say the words "We've got to deal with these enemy ships before we can beam down to planet" ONE MORE TIME!!! I dare you! I double-dare you!
Captain
# 3
01-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Two words gentlemen. The Foundry. It is the go-to place for proper 'trekky' missions.
Career Officer
# 4
01-13-2013, 09:50 AM
I'd like to see some sort of diplomatic negotiation minigame of sorts where you basically build a treaty or agreement between two conflicting parties.

You would start by talking to each side, figuring out what they want through dialogue. Then you would start the minigame, where you have 3 windows and a status bar determining the favorable status of each side. Windows on the left and right contain stipulations that you can drag into the center window representing the agreement. Stipulations will affect the favorable status bar for each side depending on what they desire from the treaty. The goal is to build an agreement that results in or comes close to 50/50 favorable status for both sides. Afterward, you must face a dreaded random number generator (that we all hate I'm sure) that determines whether or not the negotiations were successful. You have a higher chance of success the closer you are towards a 50/50 compromise. Reaching 50/50 is a 100% chance of success.

Rewards could be based on how close you came to 50/50. Dilithium ore, diplomatic xp, expertise. Other rewards would vary based on what kind of treaty you made; Trade xp for a trade agreement, military xp for a peace treaty, colonial xp for a colonizing a planet, etc.

You know, something like that.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.