Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
The Azure Nebula mission has a hard cap of 18 Romulan marks, with overflow converting to fleet marks. In my opinion, (and several of my various fleetmates) this offers many problems:

1. The cap is unnecessary: With such small amount of overflow over 18 being converted to fleet marks, why even bother? What is the harm in letting people get a handful more Romulan marks for this mission?

2. If you MUST convert the overflow from 18 to fleet marks, a 1-1 conversion rate is not fair...at all. a 5-1 ratio is more consistent with other missions.

3. On a semi-related note, the nature of the gameplay encourages AFK trolling, as there are no bonuses for people that manage to scan and release the ships.

Yes, I know that during events, you can get a couple more, but even that is capped at what, 4 or 5 more? This is utterly silly, unfair and puts an artificial chicane/gate to a mission. Please re-asses this.

Anyone else agree?

-ABM
Lieutenant
# 2 In agreement
01-09-2013, 10:43 AM
I agree. Once you hit the 18 point mark there is no need to play any further. Basicly just runn the timer out because anything more you do does not get rewarded. If you gave a bigger reward after 18 that would create some action.
Career Officer
# 3
01-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Total, 100% Agreement here
Career Officer
# 4
01-09-2013, 12:50 PM
This is just one of the many questionable design decisions in this game.

The only thing I can think of is that they were trying to force the players to venture on New Romulus for all of their bulk Romulan Mark needs, which wouldn't be so bad if people actually gave to craps about New Romulus, which very few seem to do.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Commander
# 5
01-10-2013, 04:38 AM
i'd also like to see the spawn rate increased. i'm usually sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for spawns to appear. it just seems like a huge waste of time. the investment of time certainly does not equal the reward given.
Career Officer
# 6
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
epho tagging is the best way to earn marks. no reason to do anything else really.
Career Officer
# 7
01-12-2013, 12:41 PM
No kidding.

4 tags per 20 hours. (2 mins for the mini-game, 1-2 mins to get a partner?)

5 tags per research attempt. (click-click... 1 min?)

400 RM per research attempt (eventually... and sometimes it's just 200 RM).

But you're looking at 800-1600 (average 1300) RM every 5 days.

-----

Winter Event's PvP race gives you 'winter' tags too. Although the potential maximum reward is just 200 RM max, it's a lot easier to get tags (4 times per hour) and I easily keep one research going all the time (average 1580 every 5 days). I will miss this.

Oh and the doffs to maximize critical success for the winter event have the same traits to maximize critical success for researching rats on NR too. And they're free to boot.

-----

So why do it any other way? 15-30 mins daily (for 6 captains) for an average of 276-316 RMs.

Beats dealing with AFK leeches.
Career Officer
# 8
01-12-2013, 02:09 PM
the problem is not team base just like colony take 2

but the further you progress in reputation you will get better
I get any from 13 to 26 depens on how many tractor beams you release and what type
the point is to save as many ships as you can but pick which ones go after they are numbered for a reason
if you sneak around to top or bottom there are hidden accolades you can get

just remember get as many tracor beams released as you can then you will get a higher score
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 9
01-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post
No kidding.

4 tags per 20 hours. (2 mins for the mini-game, 1-2 mins to get a partner?)

5 tags per research attempt. (click-click... 1 min?)

400 RM per research attempt (eventually... and sometimes it's just 200 RM).

But you're looking at 800-1600 (average 1300) RM every 5 days.
Not quite that much, that fast (for one toon, at least) Depending on DOFF crits for the research assignment (and making sure you get the max of 4 tags from Toreth after tagging), one pup can take a min of 2 days and up to 5 days to get, and then 3 more to raise it to an elder (400 marks) -- so, 5-8 days total. You might be able to get another pup in those 5-8 days, but it's a little more rare.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 10
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Similar thing happens on the dilithium mining event. once you get about 750 or so, you dont need any more as it wont earn you any extra dilithium. which is good in the sense that you dont have to be amazing at it to get the best marks but at the same time, people with the best skills should get something for being that good, and encouraging people to become better.

having a cap on a timed event seems silly. if should be get as many as you can before the time runs out, not get to the cap.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission