Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 11
01-14-2013, 08:13 AM
I cant support this. this should go away, and come back next year. then it will be welcome again. if we just exhaust the thing now, it wont be fun next year
Lieutenant
# 12
01-14-2013, 08:34 AM
There are many places that celebrate Christmas all year round, and also think the many cold weather regions that have Winter most, if not, all year around. Q's Winter Wonderland should definitely have a place in STO for a while longer.
Covenant of the Phoenix www.cotp.info
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.
Captain
# 13
01-14-2013, 10:31 AM
No. This event has been around for just over a month, and it was fun, and now it must go. Q has other things to do than sit and watch us mortals mess around all day. Besides, this event, as much entertainment as it has provided, is starting to get old. Tbh, the only reason I would keep it around is for the Epohhs. Everything else is just meh.

And as stated earlier, if it's kept around it will lose it's novelty and value. So... no. Let it go away, and then we can enjoy it anew next December.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 14
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
If it was truly a Winter event, it would've started in November and gone on until February. The simple fact is, it's a politically correct Christmas party.

You say don't end it because "Winter is not over until NFL Football, NBA basketball, and NHL hockey is over".
I say typical American attitude of thinking the world revolves around them, when winter doesn't even START in Australia until June/July.

1 month is long enough, Christmas is long gone, and if you missed the boat on getting your ship, tough.
Well you Australians can make your own STO and have it revolve around the seasons as you experience them. For now it is a US based game, and will most likely follow the same holidays.

Hate people who "typical this, and that" attitudes, for no reason.

And hey if it were to follow a true Northern hemisphere season schedule, it should run from Dec 22nd - March 19th. You know.. for the actual winter season, not in November till Feb.

I agree with the tough luck attitude though, as it has ( the wonderland ) been around long enough!
Captain
# 15
01-14-2013, 12:05 PM
When you use a sports league that up until a week ago wasn't even going to be playing this year as a signpost for your argument, you're probably doing something wrong.
Captain
# 16
01-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Well you Australians can make your own STO and have it revolve around the seasons as you experience them. For now it is a US based game, and will most likely follow the same holidays.
"You Australians"? Why do you think I'm Australian? I live about as far from Australia as it's possible to.

Seeing things from a different person's perspective doesn't mean I am that person. I just realise that STO is a global game, despite what many of its players may believe (I assume you've seen the kind of zone chat that can happen whenever someone deigns to chat in a non-English language).
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Yet another vile conspiricy by the Federation in violation of its own avowed principles to prevent the ability of the Klingon Defence Forces "Angry Targs" (tm) hockey team to prepare for the instellar olympic winter games, and further interfer with the Orions female figure skaters doing thier best to get in just a little more practice time (only a Betazoid would wear less cloathing ice skating the Orion women!)

*image of an Angry Klingon screaming into the screen*

Hey Dev's how about an actuall ice skating/hockey rink in the foundry, or make a minigame/arena/holodeck "simulation. I mean really. Something just for fun! Maybe next year Q's winter wonderland cound have a race on SKATES! (more then one lap!!!!)
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Career Officer
# 18
01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
No. It's over, deal with it.

Joined August 2009
Commander
# 19
01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Yet another vile conspiricy by the Federation in violation of its own avowed principles to prevent the ability of the Klingon Defence Forces "Angry Targs" (tm) hockey team to prepare for the instellar olympic winter games, and further interfer with the Orions female figure skaters doing thier best to get in just a little more practice time (only a Betazoid would wear less cloathing ice skating the Orion women!)

*image of an Angry Klingon screaming into the screen*

Hey Dev's how about an actuall ice skating/hockey rink in the foundry, or make a minigame/arena/holodeck "simulation. I mean really. Something just for fun! Maybe next year Q's winter wonderland cound have a race on SKATES! (more then one lap!!!!)
I heard all the Bookies on Ferenginar picked the Vulcan Logicians (tm) as the favorites over the angry targs, But my money is on the Tellarite Pork Bellies (tm) with a clean sweep.
Commander
# 20
01-14-2013, 03:55 PM
What do you mean winter? thats months away! *rabble rabble rabble*
(southern hemisphere here :p)

In all seriousness, I think it is fine as it is. Sure it would be nice to get the Chel on my new character, but i'm not fussed (I did end up with 5 of them ). Besides, don't we have an anniversary coming up? yay more distractions! :p
Closed Thread