Starfleet Veteran
# 1 MACO Borg weapons
01-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Hello all.

I write this as a plea to PWE.

Please bring back Borg weapons!! I never really appreciated them until I started parsing my battles. Seeing Borg weapons inflict an average of 110% of the damage other weapons inflict (including the [Borg] proc breaks my heart to know that my new toons will never have access to this cool tech.

People, if you agree with me, please respond.

Is there any chance of a dev saying why they were removed?

Thank you!!
Captain
# 2
01-15-2013, 07:22 AM
fleet weapons are better. the borg proc did not work either. plus you can get the borg proc in the rep system (or an equivalent for it)
Commander
# 3
01-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
fleet weapons are better. the borg proc did not work either. plus you can get the borg proc in the rep system (or an equivalent for it)
^^^^This

What I want is a refund for all the Borg weapons I already have.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-15-2013, 07:44 AM
The [Borg] proc does work. The parser shows it listed as "Chaotic Particle Stream". Me just saying that shouldn't be enough, so here's how I know.

The ACT parser lists every type of weapon you use as well as it's damage. I usually use two Phased Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons on the front of one of my ships. I replaced one of these with a [Borg] Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannon and both were listed under separate entries in the parser.

The Phased Tetryon canon did 763,969 damage in an STF. The [Borg] cannon did 735,359 damage BUT there was 51,000 Chaotic Particle Stream damage.

Chaotic Particle Stream damage ONLY ever appears in my parse logs when I use [Borg] weapons. I've tried this numerous times and it's always true.
Captain
# 5
01-15-2013, 07:55 AM
borg proc does not work as in not all borg are labeled as borg, so not every enemy will be affected by it.

also do you use other borg proc weapons, as their number will also be added to the chaotic particle stream. and even then the difference between the two is very very little, which can be a fortunate round, where you got loads of hits with the proc
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-15-2013, 08:03 AM
When I test I ensure that the ship only has one [Borg] weapon so that I can attribute all Chaotic Particle damage to it.

Just did another test, this time with beams on Cure. I loaded one Polarized Disruptor Array, one [Borg] Disruptor array and placed Tetryon beams on the rest of the ship so I could isolate the two Disruptors. (I did pretty well in the match so hopefully people didn't mind seeing me fly a skittle boat!!) Polarized Disruptor did 696,185. The [Borg] weapon did 694,961 + 89,000 Chaotic Particle Stream. (When you compare the base numbers, the difference is only one proc. I can't believe how unlucky you'd have to be to not get that one proc in an entire STF!!!)

I was always skeptical of the [Borg] proc, but now that I can actually see the numbers I have no doubts. Additionally, if some ships aren't registering as Borg, then yes, I can see that the [Borg] weapons don't do as much damage, but that differential is marginal. The damage being done against the ships that ARE registering as Borg sure makes up for that tiny differential.
Captain
# 7
01-15-2013, 08:04 AM
which act plugin do you use?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-15-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm using arias plugin.
Captain
# 9
01-15-2013, 08:22 AM
you might wanna try the new one 2.0.1.1. it is a bit more detailed (I dunno which is yours, but the new one works like the old combatlog parser 0.1)

anyway, overall fleet weapons will deal more dmg (advanced fleet weaps are about 10% increase over borg), and with the stuff (like accx2) dual proc weapons should deal more dmg
Commander
# 10
01-15-2013, 08:22 AM
It's been confirmed by the devs (Tribble forum before season 7 was launched) that the Borg proc has never worked properly. That is not to say it doesn't work at all, only that it isn't as effective as it should be.

He didn't go into great detail about it though, so I don't know the specifics.