Captain
# 31
01-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Ohh God Noo Never Mind I Take It All Back!!

(^^all CAPS)

Bring me Picard, Worf, and the billions of the bastard descendents of Kirk.
Billions??

I don't think even Kirk was that prolific?
Captain
# 32
01-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaitu View Post
So, question.. regarding the canon characters in STO, it seems like we're getting a lot of "that one guest star who was in one episode", and we're not getting too many Major Characters. There seems to be some kind of legal dilemma here, but I'm not sure what it is.
I think that a worse problem is STO only acknowledging events that happened in the movies and TV shows. Those logically can't be the ONLY things that happened in the Star Trek universe... so where's the acknowledgement of ANYTHING else?

For instance, anything in this game's storyline mention the missions of Enterprises B and C? How about people that are 'famous' that haven't been mentioned in the series and movies? Did any starship other than the Enterprises, Voyager, and the Defiant even exist, and were they just drifting through space aimlessly with no real interesting thing happen just because they weren't featured in their own show? And does Qo'noS have any creatures other than Klingons and Targs?
Republic Veteran
# 33
01-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Billions??

I don't think even Kirk was that prolific?
Who said all Aliens have one kid.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Commander
# 34
01-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
I think that a worse problem is STO only acknowledging events that happened in the movies and TV shows. Those logically can't be the ONLY things that happened in the Star Trek universe... so where's the acknowledgement of ANYTHING else?

For instance, anything in this game's storyline mention the missions of Enterprises B and C? How about people that are 'famous' that haven't been mentioned in the series and movies? Did any starship other than the Enterprises, Voyager, and the Defiant even exist, and were they just drifting through space aimlessly with no real interesting thing happen just because they weren't featured in their own show? And does Qo'noS have any creatures other than Klingons and Targs?
Yes there are, but at the same time consider this question.

Which can you tell me more about, the HMS Titanic or the HSM Friday?
Captain
# 35
01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Who said all Aliens have one kid.
Granted, but that is still a lot of ladies. Even for Kirk.
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
01-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Happily Kirks bloodline died out long long ago (he had one living son who was mangled by the klingons)

anyone you see named "Kirk" is actually from scottish calvanist stock

HAHA
Captain
# 37
01-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
Yes there are, but at the same time consider this question.

Which can you tell me more about, the HMS Titanic or the HSM Friday?
...neither? I don't exactly recognize either names. Why does that matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Happily Kirks bloodline died out long long ago (he had one living son who was mangled by the klingons)

HAHA
It's kinda hard to believe that he didn't knock up at least one of those anonymous space babes he had casual sex with in TOS.
Career Officer
# 38
01-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post

HAHA

Actually the Kirk line is intact. People forget that Jim Kirk's nephew was rescued in TOS.

Anyhow I think there is room for both Kirk and Spock having decendants as well.

With Spock, there was a plot of one of the movies scripts that when Spock was undergoing Ponn Farr on Genesis, Saavik had a child from that encounter. But it was never used, and never talked about.

With Kirk, David Marcus was in his mid 20s when he was killed, which is old enough for him to been married and have a child. Then there his fling with Antonia in Generations, she could've easily had a child as well.
Commander
# 39
01-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
...neither? I don't exactly recognize either names. Why does that matter?
I'm very surprised you don't recognise the HMS Titanic at least but the point was that knowledge about famous (or in the Titanic and Friday's cases infamous) ships and their crews would be commonplace, whereas a ship that got through most of it's career without incident would be forgotten by the general public.

And yes I know our characters aren't the general public, but it stands to reason that your ship and crew would be capable of recalling incidents from the USS Enterprise but not for example, USS Tokyo which did it's career with little incident.
Survivor of Romulus
# 40
01-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Kirks countless flings produced no offspring because in a desperate attempt to save the cosmos from mary sues Bones gave him a massive dose of contraceptives every time

And of course spock had no offspring at all (him being a hybrid and thus almost certainly a mule)

We should give thanks for this

(and yes Im joking)