Survivor of Romulus
# 31
01-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
The customer service here has always been abysmal. It was part of why my review of STO included the first 0 I ever awarded a game in any category, the Company rating.

That said, TOR actually has even WORSE customer service. They didn't get a 0, though, because they don't treat their customers like cash cows.

I've really begun to lose faith in the industry as a whole. It seems like no one is capable of making a quality product anymore.
I agree, it seemed to stem when companies started moving to f2p.

PWE are the very best and worst at this business model.

The problem with TOR, is that EA want to do all the worst bits and none of the good....

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Ensign
# 32
01-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Good to know, this got moved to where it will be ignored
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 33
01-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowoperative1 View Post
A friend told me I should try out this game and I was browsing Least I Could Do and found a promotion for joining so i figured what the heck?

Its been about two weeks and I still haven't got any of my stuff. I've been trying support but the results are probably the worst I've ever seen.

Twice, they've said "The Issue has been resolved" and it definitely hasn't. Then I get a response about how to friggin log in?

What is wrong here?
When you signed up for your account, an email was generated and sent to your email address with instructions on how to claim your LICD promotion. Please check to see if this is in a different folder than your inbox, or was deleted by mistake.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 34
01-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
When you signed up for your account, an email was generated and sent to your email address with instructions on how to claim your LICD promotion. Please check to see if this is in a different folder than your inbox, or was deleted by mistake.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It was not, i check every email in every catageory and there is definitely no code sent.

The fact that several people seemed to have had this problem, it sounds like more htan player error.
Captain
# 35
01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm a subscriber at TOR. Recently, they ended my subscription a week early, so I tried to contact customer support to let them know.

However, since I was supposedly no longer a subscriber, I was not allowed to file a ticket, nor was I allowed to post on the forums, not even in the help section. Eventually, I was forced to resubsribe (not a huge deal, as I had planned on continuing my subscription anyway), only to be told that they would only provide support by telephone. That would mean a long distance call withan average of 90 minutes on hold.

Basically, since the call would end up costing around $50, and the amount of time they took was worth about $5, they knew they wouldn't be getting a call. That means they could simply take my $5 with no real chance of repercussions.

Seems almost criminal, doesn't it?

As bad as the service here is (and it's BAD - I've even been threatened for daring to ask a question), at least it's not as bad as TOR.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Ensign
# 36
01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
It was not, i check every email in every catageory and there is definitely no code sent.

The fact that several people seemed to have had this problem, it sounds like more htan player error.
Ditto, I had the same problem with the torpedo launcher promotion.
Ensign
# 37
01-29-2013, 09:47 AM
To add to what is going on.

There is more than just an email to get a code. STO Released 40 codes to blind ferret (Least I Could Do) for already active members as well. I even have one.... of course Blind ferret was not given any instructions to use them, and after looking everywhere for (funny enough), about two weeks, my support ticket told me "**** off and go look more! We are not going to tell you how to use the promo code either"

So now I am here joining the thread. and don't bother suggesting I look in my email as even Blind ferret Productions (The guys that were given the codes to distribute) were not even told how to use them.....

Any answers out there yet?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 38
01-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:

I've passed along this info to our web team so they can continue to investigate, but initial findings show emails going out. Either way, we absolutely want to make sure you get your promotional item For anyone experiencing this issue, please reach out to our GMs via support.perfectworld.com or customerservice@perfectworld.com -- put "Least I can Do Promotion" in the subject line and include any relevant information in the message. They can verify that you signed up from the LICD page and make sure you the item.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 39
01-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Just helped a friend sign up, they got a code from an email called "Open to claim your STO registration bonus!", which had a redeem link in the body text. The game took the code without any hiccups.
# 40
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoftemprus View Post
Just helped a friend sign up, they got a code from an email called "Open to claim your STO registration bonus!", which had a redeem link in the body text. The game took the code without any hiccups.
Sweet! Thanks for the report.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=