Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 51
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
im just sort of rambling, but the point is that if unideal station setups were the rule, i think . evthings would be more fun and less min maxed and yoyoery ship would be a unique combination of control, damage and healing, and not be masivly good at any one of those things. but you seem to kinda want to make things more rigid. i may just be retarded and not getting it, but thats what i am understanding. our ideal image might be at opposite ends of the spectrum
this is what each of posts has been about, and im not sure why you're missing it.

Right now there really are only just a few cutting edge set ups. And to a "seriuz" pvp'r that means there are only a few builds whatsoever. Well we need to change that.

The way we change that is by backing off a bit, putting things in places where we can control them, and expanding from there.

Again, just for example, I say lets limit Alpha to escorts only, but allow them to pick 2 other abilities from an escort only pool, PLUS one universal ability! See how you could get more variety across ALL the ships? There could be so many choices. Think of the actual benefit this brings to team play.

for example.....

Hey who's got the universal targeting buff? they don't stack so don't duplicate! Hey someone needs to bring the scatter field we need that!! etc etc etc.

Think of the possibilities.

lol and im hurt u didn't like my wild weasel sci scout idea. i stole that fair and square!!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,166
# 52
01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
when you say no APA for cruisers, i think my brain goes into survival mode and scrambles everything else you have to say. i dont think i'll ever be cool with no APA on my cruisers! the other tac buffs are great, but only for special ocations. APA is critical to basic damage dealing and the very often and very effective mini alphas i pull off. i often don't ever get good opportunities to use GDF and tac fleet, just APA with station powers does the job. taking away APA from my cruisers would basically ruin the game for me

i do like the idea of a captain sorta having access to everything, at the very least you wouldn't need so many alts, a big problem with all the per character grind now.

mav and his MVAM is certainly a sci scort/scout wild weasel, who doesn't love mav? is there room for weasels and marmots in sto though?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 53
01-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
when you say no APA for cruisers, i think my brain goes into survival mode and scrambles everything else you have to say. i dont think i'll ever be cool with no APA on my cruisers! the other tac buffs are great, but only for special ocations. APA is critical to basic damage dealing and the very often and very effective mini alphas i pull off. i often don't ever get good opportunities to use GDF and tac fleet, just APA with station powers does the job. taking away APA from my cruisers would basically ruin the game for me

i do like the idea of a captain sorta having access to everything, at the very least you wouldn't need so many alts, a big problem with all the per character grind now.

mav and his MVAM is certainly a sci scort/scout wild weasel, who doesn't love mav? is there room for weasels and marmots in sto though?
Right There!! Okay, I'm not going to drag out math and parses, but what you said RIGHT THERE is part of the issue. Let's agree that what you say is 100% correct.

Cant we give engineers a way to do damage? I mean, they put the effing ships together, shouldn't they have ways of taking them apart? Just in some way that is meant to buff engineering abilites and not through APA? And you would still get some abiliies that may actually be fun for you that you choose yourself instead of wasting away with GDF or FOMM!

And everyone loves mav, and the sooner he stops being a forum weasel and gets back to being The Goose, the better for all of us! Now where did I put that.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vA1t17fhM


Ahhh! There it is! Don't say I won't do requests. I do.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,166
# 54
01-15-2013, 04:29 PM
i'd just amuse them fix eng captains first. then we can get to more fantastic changes. they could buff just them, and it would be fair. but how? here's what i would do

MW- castable

RSF- castable

EPS- wile on, gives the bonuses EPtS, EPtE, EPtA give for the entire 30 second duration

NI- gives the energy weapon damage bonus EPtW gives for 30 seconds, as well as the resistance to all energy drain.

i use EPtA pretty often, and its given enough steath sight for me to see near by cloaked ships a few times. very lulz worthy. having that sight for 30 seconds, complemented by a high sensor skill, could make good cloak detectors too. EPS would basically put you in super hero mode, flying around faster and having proboly near caped shield resistence. and your heals cast able would make you best healer bar non. eng should be a cross between sci and tac, seeing as those 2 have the 2 ends of the spectrum covered, eng has just been squeezed out, being able to do nether control or damage. so, let it do a little of both, along with heal best
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,793
# 55
01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
**** yes, buff mah Eng.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,735
# 56
01-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i'd just amuse them fix eng captains first. then we can get to more fantastic changes. they could buff just them, and it would be fair. but how? here's what i would do

MW- castable

RSF- castable

EPS- wile on, gives the bonuses EPtS, EPtE, EPtA give for the entire 30 second duration

NI- gives the energy weapon damage bonus EPtW gives for 30 seconds, as well as the resistance to all energy drain.

i use EPtA pretty often, and its given enough steath sight for me to see near by cloaked ships a few times. very lulz worthy. having that sight for 30 seconds, complemented by a high sensor skill, could make good cloak detectors too. EPS would basically put you in super hero mode, flying around faster and having proboly near caped shield resistence. and your heals cast able would make you best healer bar non. eng should be a cross between sci and tac, seeing as those 2 have the 2 ends of the spectrum covered, eng has just been squeezed out, being able to do nether control or damage. so, let it do a little of both, along with heal best
Now now now DDIS, don't tell me that by fixing Engs you could also turn TDG into something usefull. An eng in a sci ship........*gasp*
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 57
01-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
put you in super hero mode, caped
City of Heroes mebbe???

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,427
# 58
01-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Perhaps you could give EPS a bonus depending on the highest subsystem power level. So if you're set to weapons you could get a NI-like resistance bonus or a scaling damage buff, while if you're set to engines you get a disable immunity or a scaling turn buff. If they're even, split the difference between them, so you have to make a decision whether you want to be the jack-of-all-trades or the master of one.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,590
# 59
01-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Cant we give engineers a way to do damage? I mean, they put the effing ships together, shouldn't they have ways of taking them apart? Just in some way that is meant to buff engineering abilites and not through APA? And you would still get some abiliies that may actually be fun for you that you choose yourself instead of wasting away with GDF or FOMM!
I just had a thought. Engis put ships together right? I just had a thought. Since engis know ships inside and out and backwards and upside down, why not have abilities that reflect that? Like an ability that temporarily weakens a targets structural integrity field/shield systems, or an ability that reduces their hull repair/shield regen, or an ability that derps their turn rate/move speed (other than EWP)?

Makes sense if you think about it, because who else other than an engineer would know how to do this most efficiently to a ship?

Probably horribly off topic, horribly stupid, and uninformed, but that was just a thought...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,453
# 60
01-16-2013, 02:45 PM
I do like the idea of separating captain skills from captains. I don't agree with baking them into ships, though.

Instead, I suppose I'd like to see something like space kits analogous to our ground kits. There's no reason for every tac officer to be the same. No reason for every sci officer to be the same. We're able to customize our captain powers on the ground, in a limited fashion.

Now, I have a larger problem with ground kits, in that I think they should be FULLY customizable like our boffs' abilities. But that is another subject.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 AM.