Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 61
01-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i'd just amuse them fix eng captains first. then we can get to more fantastic changes. they could buff just them, and it would be fair. but how? here's what i would do

MW- castable

RSF- castable
A thousand times yes!

The other ideas are good too. But seriously, do these two.
Empire Veteran
# 62
01-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Perhaps you could give EPS a bonus depending on the highest subsystem power level. So if you're set to weapons you could get a NI-like resistance bonus or a scaling damage buff, while if you're set to engines you get a disable immunity or a scaling turn buff. If they're even, split the difference between them, so you have to make a decision whether you want to be the jack-of-all-trades or the master of one.
i thought of that, but its so easy to 125/125/125/125 right now before even using EPS, that might not work.

hell another way to buff eng, and i guess anything else that uses a cruiser, would be to make the EPtX other then to shields have their effect last more then 5 crappy seconds.

EPtW3 could be the dps boost from eng that dps cruisers need to not be so marginalized. its not like FAW works, or even if it did, its not like you can direct its damage to who you want it to hit.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 63
01-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Easiest way to buff engineers is just to remove engineers. Sure would be easy to adjust the damage that high level DEM or EWP did if you didn't have to worry about getting alpha all over it. Please make no mistake, if it isn't balanced for alpah, it isn't balanced. And if it is balanced for alpha, and you don't have alpha, you suck. Fairly straightforward math.

Or get rid of alpha.

Im not sure if anyone is seeing that something that is balanced for engineers becomes unbalanced when a tac gets it. If you'd like to argue that dem or ewp isn't that strong now even with alpha, go ahead. That will get you places.

Here's a tip. As long as alpha is running around it would be insane to think any ability would be getting tweaked upwards. Just isn't going to happen, except by accident. They need to limit what abilites can be used in what ships. Just like they ALREADY DO with boff stations. This isn't even radical thinking here. It was original intent.

Put the genie back in the bottle and move on.

Once that basic need is taken care of, you can begin to balance the ships themselves. Until that time, you can't! Wooooo Hoooooooo easy stuff here guys.

Cheers!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!