Republic Veteran
# 11
01-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Between EptS, TSS, RSP, RSF and TT, I never have to put any more power into shields. I run shield power at 25 and rarely drop a facing in eSTF. I'm not sure how removing TT for the sake of an ET would change this, but I'm not about to find out, because as I mentioned above, Aux2SIF and HE cover my hull heal enough.

The single ET I run is for the subsystem deactivation spam I receive when fighting Romulans and Tholians. And that's a pretty poor justification for it being there.

Last edited by smokeybacon90; 01-21-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Captain
# 12
01-24-2013, 08:02 PM
I say give Engineering Team the ability to put out fires on cast, and it will suddenly become a serious contender. Right now, HE is the one and ONLY thing that can put out fires. With fires becoming increasingly ubiquitous, it would be nice to have a second option for fire extinguishing, and where else does it seem more appropriate than Engineering?
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
01-26-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
if all team abilities could have the shield distribution in it, we wouldn't have this discussion here.
i'd even would go as far as to say eliminate shield facings all together...1 shield for all 360 degrees.
Worth considering, though I think Tac Team got the distributing power solely so people would start using it instead of relying on rapid fire and beam overload copies to improve damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I say give Engineering Team the ability to put out fires on cast, and it will suddenly become a serious contender. Right now, HE is the one and ONLY thing that can put out fires. With fires becoming increasingly ubiquitous, it would be nice to have a second option for fire extinguishing, and where else does it seem more appropriate than Engineering?
Does ET have a resistance effect against DoTs?
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
01-26-2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
That actualy makes alot of sence.

And now that I think about a Doff that affects the Cd rate of any team would be prety useful. Not as strong as a team specific doff but still useful. Like the prefire chamber of team DOFFs.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln

Last edited by disposeableh3r0; 01-26-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Captain
# 15
01-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Worth considering, though I think Tac Team got the distributing power solely so people would start using it instead of relying on rapid fire and beam overload copies to improve damage.
Not true, TT was used to clear FOMM and now it also clears APB. Still insanely useful regardless of shield distribution.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 16
01-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Does ET have a resistance effect against DoTs?
Nope. Nor was this included in my proposal. Just extinguish fires on cast. Can't take everything from HE, after all.
Lieutenant
# 17
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Can't say clearing ENG debuffs hurts either. Having disabled subsystems instantly back on demand has saved my bacon many times. And I like my bacon as safe as I can get it.