Lieutenant
Hi everyone! How can I tell how much dps I do? Is there an addon that people use or is there something in game that I am missing? It would sure help me figure out my bed a lot better if I knew what my dps was.
Captain
# 2
01-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorvalentine View Post
Hi everyone! How can I tell how much dps I do? Is there an addon that people use or is there something in game that I am missing? It would sure help me figure out my bed a lot better if I knew what my dps was.
It's called a combat parser. The one I've used is STOICS. It's a free download at http://malicia.straygenius.com/wiki/...ombat_Software
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-14-2013, 09:54 PM
If you're lazy you can go into system space (like outside ESD) and check the tooltips on all your weapons, and then add them up.

Of course when you are actually fighting the energy drain will decrease your DPS a little bit, but this can give you a general idea.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
It's called a combat parser. The one I've used is STOICS. It's a free download at http://malicia.straygenius.com/wiki/...ombat_Software
That program is old and hasn't been updated in a couple of years, not sure how accurate it is. I use the ACT parser (Advanced Combat Tracker) and a STO plugin via the Hilbert Guide.
"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
Captain
# 5
02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Neither STOICS nor ACT w/ the STO plugin correctly handle things as they stand since S7 started. The STO plugin doesn't account for the new lengths or naming conventions of some of the weapons introduced.

For example, from ACT w/ STO plugin:

Cutting Beam
Omega Graviton Amplifier
Plasma Array
Plasma Beam Array: Fire at Will II
Plasma Beam Array: Target Weapons II
Plasma Torpedo
Plasma Torpedo: Plasma Torpedo
Plasma Torpedo: Spread I
Plasma: Plasma Fire
Romulan Plasma Array
Romulan Plasma Beam Array: Target Weapons II
Starbase 234: Plasma Fire
Starbase 234: Starbase Phaser Array
Starbase 234: Starbase Phaser Beam Array: Fire at Will II
Starbase 234: Starbase Photon Torpedo
Starbase 234: Starbase Photon Torpedo: Spread II

Those are the attacks listed for my toon - what he did - what's figured into his DPS for that particular encounter (just a quick test bash against SB234 in Tau Dewa).

Okay, so what do those match up with in the actual log?

Cutting Beam Cutting Beam (Je69eb)
Omega Graviton Amplifier Omega Graviton Amplifier (Ygfhpt)
Plasma Array Plasma Array (4g1l7r)
Plasma Beam Array: Fire at Will II Plasma Beam Array - Fire at Will II (Zp99ar1)
Plasma Beam Array: Target Weapons II Plasma Beam Array - Target Weapons II (K9ro3v)
Plasma Torpedo Plasma Torpedo (D8imwf1)
Plasma Torpedo: Plasma Torpedo Plasma_Torpedo_Highyield_R1_Basic_Romulan (5ljrah1) Normal Hyper-Plasma Torp
Plasma Torpedo: Spread I Plasma Torpedo - Spread I (V9lkwk1)
Plasma: Plasma Fire Plasma - Plasma Fire (Hhqx7h)
Romulan Plasma Array Romulan Plasma Array (Tv2eq9)
Romulan Plasma Beam Array: Target Weapons II Romulan Plasma Beam Array - Target Weapons II (Yb9imd)
Starbase 234: Plasma Fire Plasma Fire (Wujkxq)
Starbase 234: Starbase Phaser Array Starbase Phaser Array (Itaynx1) Not My Damage
Starbase 234: Starbase Phaser Beam Array: Fire at Will II Starbase Phaser Beam Array - Fire at Will II (8uhkpy) Not My Damage
Starbase 234: Starbase Photon Torpedo Starbase Photon Torpedo (Ze7i87) Not My Damage
Starbase 234: Starbase Photon Torpedo: Spread II Starbase Photon Torpedo - Spread II (Pyycge) Not My Damage

Note, the Plasma Torpedo is actually the Omega Torp. I didn't have both regular Plasma Torpedoes and the Omega on the boat for the test I had run. I should do a test specifically for that - it's where I first noticed a discrepancy (Hyper, Omega, Plasma and their respective Plasma DoTs).

In one case, reporting the Starbase was actually my damage. For the other four cases, I was the victim of that damage - the ship doesn't have Phasers or Photons was the obvious clue something was wrong there and even checking in ACT showed I was the victim. Still, it was easy enough to check in the actual log with Notepad++.

I'll take another boat to do the torp test now and edit this post for that.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel

Last edited by virusdancer; 02-06-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Captain
# 6
02-06-2013, 04:41 PM
There's something I noticed with this that I didn't pay attention to if it was the case with the other - but unfortunately, I deleted my old logs before running this test. I'll have to run the test on that other guy again to see if it's the case.

But anyway, here's...

The Torp Guy:

Cutting Beam Cutting Beam (Je69eb)
Hargh'peng Radiation Hargh'peng Radiation (8c8jyi1)
Hargh'peng Torpedo Hargh'peng Torpedo (I81kie1)
Hargh'peng Torpedo Secondary Detonation Hargh'Peng Torpedo Secondary Detonation (Bheypv1)
Heavy Plasma Torpedo: Plasma Torpedo: Heavy I Plasma_Torpedo_Highyield_R1_Rapid/Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I (Mluk6l1) THY Hyper-Plasma
Omega Graviton Amplifier Omega Graviton Amplifier (Ygfhpt)
Plasma Energy Bolt: Plasma Energy Bolt Plasma_Torpedo_Omega_Highyield_R1/Plasma Energy Bolt (Lz7ygg1) THY Omega Torp
Plasma Mine: Mine Explosion Mine_Plasma_High_Repel/Mine Explosion (Vvluvn)
Plasma Mine: Omega Graviton Amplifier Mine_Plasma_High_Repel/Omega Graviton Amplifier (Bxgt1n)
Plasma Torpedo Plasma Torpedo (Rm7fzt)
Plasma Torpedo: Plasma Torpedo Plasma_Torpedo_Highyield_R1_Basic_Romulan/Plasma Torpedo (5ljrah1) Normal Hyper-Plasma Torp
Plasma: Plasma Fire Plasma - Plasma Fire (Hhqx7h)
Romulan Plasma Turret Romulan Plasma Turret (Ifeben1)
Warp Plasma: Warp Plasma Warp Plasma (F45tpv1)

So is anything missing?

195 counts of Plasma Torpedo (D8imwf1)

Based on looking at the mix of Shield/Kinetic/Plasma that both Rm7fzt and D8imwf1 have...I'd risk the guess that one's the Fore Plasma Torpedo while the other's the Aft Plasma Torpedo.

Anything else?

Well, remember how I said I noticed something in looking at this log that I didn't with the other?

These are because of the way Cryptic writes the log:

615 counts of Plasma Torpedo (5ljrah1) The Plasma DoT from the Normal Hyper-Plasma Torps
42 counts of Plasma Energy Bolt (Lz7ygg1) The Plasma DoT from the THY Omega Torps
416 counts of Mine Explosion (Vvluvn) The Plasma DoT from the Plasma Mines
31 counts of Warp Plasma (F45tpv1) Additional counts of Warp Plasma
90 counts of Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I (Mluk6l1) The Plasma DoT from the THY Hyper-Plasma Torps

But wait, there's more!

78 counts of Plasma Torpedo (5ljrah1) The Plasma DoT from the Normal Hyper-Plasma Torps
14 counts of Plasma Energy Bolt (Lz7ygg1) The Plasma DoT from the THY Omega Torps
15 counts of Plasma Torpedo - Heavy I (Mluk6l1) The Plasma DoT from the THY Hyper-Plasma Torps

Wait, what are those? Those are where I was a nub and got caught in the splash - ending up getting hit with my own Plasma DoTs...lol.

edit: And I'm not going to run the test with the initial guy again, you can pretty much see what's likely to have been missing. Though, I'm kind of curious how many Plasma DoTs were missing from the arrays...hrmm.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel

Last edited by virusdancer; 02-06-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2013, 12:14 AM
There is also a good way to determine if you have enough firpower: K.A.S.E.
Put your ship on probe duty, forward section (1) toward the gate, at safe range (2), motionless.
If you can kill all the probes that come from the gate without pursue them then you have an unknown but effective firepower (3).

The numbers of your D.P.S. are nothing without cooperation.
Cooperation is nothing without fun.

Jolan tru.

(1): or the section with the most firepower.
(2): you don't want to be shooted by the gate, isn't it?
(3): that is: good layout of weapon, B.O., D.O. and consoles.