Lt. Commander
Is there any other way to get the Strange Alien Artifact besides Chridrens toys, Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities assignments and buying one on the exchange?
Career Officer
# 2
01-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Nope...

Thoose are the only ways...

There were some in random Grab-bags recently, but I don't think that offer is still on.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 3
01-15-2013, 03:25 AM
A secondary track for getting Strange Alien Artifacts is through the various artifact hunting assignments, including "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on..." Very occasionally, critical success in these missions can result in a Strange Alien Artifact
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2013, 05:22 AM
He's right, on occasion certain science gathering Doff missions sometimes give one on a crit. Nice way to score a good 500k+, I have no faith in being able to make a console so I just sell the artifacts.
Captain
# 5
01-15-2013, 06:16 AM
I think you can get them from Duty Officer packs as well. Not sure if that's still running.

I get these power them up and put them on the exchange. Don't see the point in doing the DOFF mission and risking my profit margins. I don't care what the rules of acquisition say...
Captain
# 6
01-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
I think you can get them from Duty Officer packs as well. Not sure if that's still running.

I get these power them up and put them on the exchange. Don't see the point in doing the DOFF mission and risking my profit margins. I don't care what the rules of acquisition say...
I have 8 characters and i power them up from the NADORC assignment and then flog the powered ones, its so random i n what you get , most of the time you make a loss

I do the Dil mining event on 4 of them - when suitable - everyday alternating so i get 2 runs each character in the hour by doing the mission back to back and i can get around 60 rare traces each hourly run - i use the Rare Astrometrics Doffs which give a 60% chance to get more traces (best 200k per character i have spent for a while lol)
Rihannsu
# 7
01-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
A secondary track for getting Strange Alien Artifacts is through the various artifact hunting assignments, including "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on..." Very occasionally, critical success in these missions can result in a Strange Alien Artifact
It's also worth mentioning that these can give you the rare traces needed to power the artifact.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
01-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's also worth mentioning that these can give you the rare traces needed to power the artifact.
Also the Scanning missions give the traces on a crit - you can easily get 20%+ chance, just do a lil tour around and pick up bucket loads - great for doing the Science section xp - some as quick as 30-45minutes
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
01-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
I do the Dil mining event on 4 of them - when suitable - everyday alternating so i get 2 runs each character in the hour by doing the mission back to back and i can get around 60 rare traces each hourly run - i use the Rare Astrometrics Doffs which give a 60% chance to get more traces (best 200k per character i have spent for a while lol)
Didnt know the dilithium mines give anything but dilithium? You get traces as well? Havent done this for a while but there must have been changes since all they give at first was just ore dil
Captain
# 10
01-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
Didnt know the dilithium mines give anything but dilithium? You get traces as well? Havent done this for a while but there must have been changes since all they give at first was just ore dil
If you get

735 points you get 200dil (300 during the event)
775 points you get 200dil and 1 rare trace and a couple of common ones) (300dil during the event)

thats per node, i just got 12,000 dil and 63 rare traces just then by doing the mining event which just finished doing the event on 4 characters twice using the new Astrometrics Scientist (the rare +60% one)