Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
[InteractionFailed] You must advance further before traveling to this part of space.

That's the message I get when I try to get from Tau Dewa to Pi Canis, Regulus or Psi Velorum sector. It's a lvl 32 KDF aligned Romulan Tactical Officer. Restarting the game doesn't help. A collegue of mine has no issues with a lvl 14 Tac-Rom (Fed)

Ticket: #2,334,047.

May be related to this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1035071

What works is the transwarp to Qonos. Travelling to other sectors from there as well. I can even re-enter Tau Dewa, but as soon as I am there I'm locked in again. I cannot leave the sector without using a transwarp.

Is that bugged or do I need to complete a specific mission first? Hardly did much more than the alignment choice and maybe 1-2 more.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91863067000&type=sigpic&dateline=13687  91708
http://www.srs-fleet.net/

Last edited by vocmcp; 02-27-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Yes you have to actually do story missions to unlock sectors. I'm not positive, but I think you only need to do the first mission in each 'arc' of the left-side journal tabs. The rest you can press the skip button on.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2014, 02:51 PM
IIRC, Romulans must complete the mission Bigger Picture [wiki-link] to unlock sector travel to the rest of the galaxy.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
02-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Yep, the various sector hand-offs need to be completed. That's one of the main reasons why those missions cannot be skipped.
Rihannsu
# 5
02-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Yep, the various sector hand-offs need to be completed. That's one of the main reasons why those missions cannot be skipped.
I can understand doing that for people's first Romulan character, but is it really necessary for Romulan alts? (Especially since we can transwarp as soon as we choose an ally, so we can already get anywhere we want in the galaxy, albeit perhaps in a more roundabout way...)
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirimuffin View Post
I can understand doing that for people's first Romulan character, but is it really necessary for Romulan alts? (Especially since we can transwarp as soon as we choose an ally, so we can already get anywhere we want in the galaxy, albeit perhaps in a more roundabout way...)
now that you told them about that, watch them fix it....
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Captain
# 7
02-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
kk thanks for the reply!

Quote:
I can understand doing that for people's first Romulan character, but is it really necessary for Romulan alts?
I'd agree on that. Kinda forces you to play missions on alts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
now that you told them about that, watch them fix it....
Please not..... don't want to be forced into playing missions on alts as well.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91863067000&type=sigpic&dateline=13687  91708
http://www.srs-fleet.net/
Captain
# 8
02-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocmcp View Post
Please not..... don't want to be forced into playing missions on alts as well.
why? fully level a character in a week playing missions.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 9
02-28-2014, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocmcp View Post
I'd agree on that. Kinda forces you to play missions on alts as well.
Well at least the hand offs are typically less than 5 minutes. "Go here and introduce yourself to the person in charge of giving you assignments for X sector block."
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Captain
# 10
02-28-2014, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Every faction has its pros / cons. Romulans need to do that, its something withing their story / way to level up. If you dont like that, just dont play with a romulan lol. Honestly i dont see the problem, leveling in STO is so fast and easy, that those problems should not be really a problem....

Now, we are lucky that none of those forced episodes are bugged, imagine we cant even progress to travel to other sector spaces.. so, give thanks to god for that. At least, romulan episodes are all of em playable (except for the "devil's choice" one, that im afraid it will be bugged forever).