Captain
# 51
01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Definitely not; there is so much coming this year I can't even begin to tell you (no, literally, I can't tell you yet lol). But, we've always run sales and promotions during the end of the year in the autumn and winter months. 2012 was no different.

All of these projects have been designed, developed, completed and scheduled for quite a while now -- if I'm not mistaken, all the Starbase and Embassy projects are ready and we are going to be releasing them every couple weeks (so, going forward, subject to change, one Starbase and one Embassy project per month). This allows fleets more time to complete them, if they would even like to in the first place. They are not mandatory, are (for the most part) purely aesthetic, and available for the fleets that choose/ want to slot and complete the projects. Like the most recent project rerun, which ends on Thursday, I'm fairly certain we will hold another one in the future so new fleets have a chance to complete them, and so existing fleets that chose not to complete them on their first run have another chance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
...but, they cost a bundle. Outside of only a handful of these projects, the 'filler ones' seem to be extremely overpriced. Why? "High Security", "Tribbles & Targs", "Works of Art", "Where Decisions Are Made", and "Staffing" were built with recycled elements, which were already designed and implemented within the game. "Works of Art" was an in-game advertisement for c-store uniforms. You guys are charging 200,000 pieces of dilithium, so that people can enhance their fleet bases with already created elements. "Room with a View", "Interior Designer", "All Work and Some Play", "History and Movement", "For Relaxation", and "First One, Then the Other" contained newly created items, so I can understand the slightly higher prices. What is going on?

Second, the last 'featured episode series' Cryptic released was in May 2012. When season five's featured episodes were released, Cryptic boasted about how more of them would come in 2012. Why did you guys abandon them? People are investing into this game, so they can get Cryptic's signature style of gaming.

I have invested a mess of money into "Star Trek: Online", for I thought we would get more featured episodes, quality items, and fair pricing. What happened? Why all the fluff, nerfing, grinding, and overpricing?

I don't think Cryptic is being honest with itself, nor do I think they are being honest with their players.

If Cryptic wants to be taken seriously, I suggest you put the projects with recycled elements on a permanent sale. Something like "Staffing" should cost 100,000 dilithium the most.

I cannot help but think that overpriced elements and excessive grinding are scaring people away.

Please do not nerf my characters or items, for I disagree with your business methods. Please.

Last edited by linyive; 01-15-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Captain
# 52
01-15-2013, 05:47 PM
How about, instead of just complaining about it, we all agree to not run the project?

They say that they can see which fleets are doing what so if they see that NO fleets are running these Dilithium sinks then they'll do one or a combination of three things.

1. Reduce the price for future "All show no go" projects.

2. Make Projects primarily functional with form being secondary.

3. Nix future projects all together and just keep re-running the existing ones until starbases die or all projects are completed on the majority of starbases.
Empire Veteran
# 53
01-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
How about, instead of just complaining about it, we all agree to not run the project?
I know, right? Complaining gets you very little ground, because it's just words. Actions, like not doing them if you really don't like them that much, will though.

Besides people, these prices and aesthetics are meant to be a symbol of status. A statement that says "We're so powerful/big/rich/whatever that we can afford this"... and little more; that's their design.
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Captain
# 54
01-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
I know, right? Complaining gets you very little ground, because it's just words. Actions, like not doing them if you really don't like them that much, will though.

Besides people, these prices and aesthetics are meant to be a symbol of status. A statement that says "We're so powerful/big/rich/whatever that we can afford this"... and little more; that's their design.
Yeah, I know.

*sigh*

I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Branflakes, can you comment on what happens to those still with the Winter event special project queued?

My fleet is not going to be able to complete the project (due to lack of beads and bells) and will be stuck with the project half finished.
I saw this coming a mile away.

Cryptic doesn't believe in a project cancellation button, and now they know the negative affects of not installing one.

Last edited by linyive; 01-15-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Captain
# 55
01-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Definitely not; there is so much coming this year I can't even begin to tell you (no, literally, I can't tell you yet lol).
Okay ... can you tell us when you'll be able to tell us?

Today would be nice.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Republic Veteran
# 56
01-15-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm confused??? if your fleet mates don't use the fleet base, and it's empty why are you guys doing these projects???

Is Cryptic going to players houses with guns again??
Captain
# 57
01-15-2013, 11:30 PM
I might have considered this project had I belonged to a KDF fleet, but I do not see this as being in any way useful or attractive for Feds. I hope my fleet doesn't do this one.
-----------
Do you like story-based Foundry missions? If so, please check out my mission, "Finding Lascaux."

Career Officer
# 58
01-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Honestly, I can imagine a giant 500 member fleet with trouble to give everyone opportunities for earning fleet credits really appreciating such special projects.
Commander
# 59
01-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Wow, just wow. This has FAIL written all over it.

Is anyone going to even bother with this one? I'm just hoping this is the lowest quality of cosmetics for the starbases. The creepy mannequins were bad enough.

If I catch anyone in our fleet trying to queue this up, they're either demoted, or booted.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Empire Veteran
# 60
01-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I'm confused??? if your fleet mates don't use the fleet base, and it's empty why are you guys doing these projects???

Is Cryptic going to players houses with guns again??
No. When you're in a big fleet and since dilithium is earned for free (unless you're an addict) I see no reason not to do it. The strain on individual dilithium ressources is a lot more limited when you have 150 or more fleet members. Of course it's even easier with bigger fleets.

In my fed fleet, we're 10-15 active members. Projects and special ones are chores. In my KDF fleet we're more than 150. Contributing isn't a chore but is fun there. This is the kind of fleet special projects have been designed for.

Last edited by diogene0; 01-16-2013 at 02:49 AM.