Captain
# 21
01-17-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laetans1 View Post
2. Not everyone speaks english and this game is a world wide game.
And even among those who do, you see a whole range of dialects. Case in point, I am British, so I tend to stick with Oxford English, although I have been known to speak (Or is it typing?) in a Norwegian/Russian accent. In addition, I also tend to use a great deal of Navy language while in space, and Army language on ground. Sadly, not many people know the difference between Port and Starboard.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Empire Veteran
# 22
01-18-2013, 12:07 AM
I think myself fairly tolerable, except on ground when I see 2+ people with multiple injuries that don't bother to cure them.

Even more so when said people are the ones saying in chat something along the lines of "I only have a limited amount of time so lets make this quick" or "hurry hurry!" Usually goes downhill from there while they agro every spawn and get one shot repeatedly, or don't use hypos once they are revived so that they die again immediately.
Captain
# 23
01-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laetans1 View Post
So, for the 3rd time today I warp into a half completed (Optional Failed) Infected Space Elite. We completed it and sure I got my loot but it got me thinking.

The person I replaced may have had internet issues but when an "Elitist" or indeed anyone rage quits after a failed optional this effects not only the team they were in, but also the poor sod waiting to start a game, seeking maximum reward

Please don't get me wrong I know I am PUGing and I could STF with premade teams and this is not a dig at failing optionals - I am sure we have all been there at one point or another.

In my opinion I would think it would be fairer to stop players being put into missions that have already been running, then again would this be fair to the team who had to suffer the rage quitter in the first place........

What are your thoughts internet?

P.S. This is just a PvE thought and I genuinely would like to hear peoples thoughts
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Think about it this way i do

Starfleet has sent you to reinforce a desperate battle , your the last hope the borg can be stoped . Either they survive or we do.

Every mission should not be in our favor , This is a good time to show everyone there what a real star fleet or KDF Officer can do.
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Republic Veteran
# 24
01-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto123a View Post
Quite agree that a level between normal and elite is needed.

Normal - 15 Marks

Hard - 30 Marks + 1 Neural Processors

Elite - 60 Marks + 2 Neural Processors

Tying to PUG elite is more miss than hit just now (not helped by the recent increase in Lag / and associated Rubberbanding)
totally agree...i think this is really where Cryptic has a problem at...
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Republic Veteran
# 25
01-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
Easy solution to this I have offered before and will now offer again:

Leaver penalty for the first person to leave should be WAY more severe. Personally I would support a 24 hour ban on ALL missions in the que. Maybe that is extreme, but IMHO leavers deserve to suffer mightily for wasting evferyone elses time. (once the FIRST person leaves, EVERYONE else should be allowed to leave without any penalty)

Combine this with a mechanic that NEVER places you in a mission that is already started. (I personally am getting fed up with the mechanic that adds players to a Starbase 24 that is halfway finished, thereby insuring they have almost no chance to win the best prize.)

Finally, add the "Read Mission Briefing" countdown timer to the beginning of ALL missions, primarily because this gives the team a moment to discuss and plan. A lot of failed STFs (and the rage-quit that comes with them) could be avoided if players talked amongst themselves before charging in. (having the timer would make it impossible for the Kirks to change in and start timers before the rest of the team is loaded in and ready to go.)

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Let's face facts here, playing STFs on the Normal setting does NOT teach players anything that carries over to the Elite STFs. It would be far superior to update all the mission briefings with a few simple tips (10% rule for instance) and a timer the way the Romulan Mark missions are done.

ok.. wisest post i've seen so far on this topic....well thought out and exactly what is needed!!!!!!!!!
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Republic Veteran
# 26
01-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
And even among those who do, you see a whole range of dialects. Case in point, I am British, so I tend to stick with Oxford English, although I have been known to speak (Or is it typing?) in a Norwegian/Russian accent. In addition, I also tend to use a great deal of Navy language while in space, and Army language on ground. Sadly, not many people know the difference between Port and Starboard.
lmao.. i agree...but try using left and right...most people know there left and right arms... at least i think so lol
Career Officer
# 27
01-18-2013, 12:51 AM
A ban for leaving is harsh, sometimes serious things come up, and sometimes these group things in all mmos drag on for various reasons worse than the person quitting. Mostly it's just the people calling people names because they aren't playing perfect, is what would make me leave. All the fighting I see in chat sometimes makes me want to leave the game.
Career Officer
# 28
01-18-2013, 01:00 AM
lol!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
and Even Among Those Who Do, You See A Whole Range Of Dialects. Case In Point, I Am British, So I Tend To Stick With Oxford English, Although I Have Been Known To Speak (or Is It Typing?) In A Norwegian/russian Accent. In Addition, I Also Tend To Use A Great Deal Of Navy Language While In Space, And Army Language On Ground. Sadly, Not Many People Know The Difference Between Port And Starboard.
Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T2.0, Tac 2, Eng 1.5 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Ensign
# 29 QUE Joining
01-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Perhaps the system should give you the option to join an STF in progress and not just drags u in it? And with the hive bug we have that if everyone dies at the end as the queen dies and you can't collect your rewards need a very big fix
Career Officer
# 30
01-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truewarper View Post
lol!!!!!

Why did you ruin his post (by quote)? Capitalising the first letter of every word is tedious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.