Lieutenant
YES! I finally got my full dyson space set - the one involving the deflector, warp core, engine, and shield.

BUT - I have no visuals! I thought I could get the cool purple nacelles (or pylons?) but the only thing with visuals is the shields.

After right clicking on all the items to check that the visuals are enabled, the shield is the only one that makes a change.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I run an Avenger battle cruiser.

Could be be an avenger problem? come to think of it, the only ship I've seen with dyson visuals are Odyssey flagships
Captain
# 2
01-21-2014, 02:12 AM
No joke did you try turning them off and turning them on again?

I.E. Disable and re-enable visuals one at a time.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 3
01-21-2014, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancellera View Post
YES! I finally got my full dyson space set - the one involving the deflector, warp core, engine, and shield.

BUT - I have no visuals! I thought I could get the cool purple nacelles (or pylons?) but the only thing with visuals is the shields.

After right clicking on all the items to check that the visuals are enabled, the shield is the only one that makes a change.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I run an Avenger battle cruiser.

Could be be an avenger problem? come to think of it, the only ship I've seen with dyson visuals are Odyssey flagships
There are no impulse engine visuals only red and blue. The shield visual;s are a purple criss cross pattern over the hull, and the deflecter visuals is a shaft of light.
Live long and Prosper
Captain
# 4
01-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
There are no impulse engine visuals only red and blue. The shield visual;s are a purple criss cross pattern over the hull, and the deflecter visuals is a shaft of light.
um, it's either the deflector or the shield that gives the hull a stainless steel look, which is subtle but cool
and that IS on an oddy. I'll fit out a regent to see if it changes

never mind it's the maco shield giving the SS effect

Last edited by vetteguy904; 01-21-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Lieutenant
# 5
01-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Strangely, only the deflector has any visual changes besides the shield. But the odd thing is that the deflector visuals work on the warp engine - it makes it 'shine' forward, as if it's a torch light with a visible beam.

Other than that, I still can't get the impulse visuals.