Captain
# 81
06-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
What do you mean? Besides having arrays and banks they also have a quantum torpedo, I actually got to thinking about the Widows with the Vesta recently...for something different.
I was trying them on Tribble during the LoR testing, but they may have been buffed since then or the ones I had from the test vendor were broken.
Republic Veteran
# 82
06-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
I was trying them on Tribble during the LoR testing, but they may have been buffed since then or the ones I had from the test vendor were broken.
I was curious enough about them I even logged onto Tribble a while ago, they have Arrays, Banks, and a Quantum Torpedo.
Captain
# 83
06-12-2013, 08:23 AM
well. thats how long LoR lasted for me (I mean I will still play trhough the story and keep playing it and such). atleast after spending a few dozen millions of EC and a few thousand zen worth of dilithium, I gave in, and went back to my Vesta (even if it means giving up the Tac life for the Sci life I guess thats how I have to roll ).

I loaded up both my builds, and they still work fine, tho some adjustments could be made to make them even better (leech console, and EPTW cycling for starters), but most of all I started to work on an aux dhc built that could work with all the changes to EPTx, and its effect on the borg, and not drain a team.
tho it will take some time, as I will have to grind through the nukara rep, check the rewards, and check the dilithium mines rewards as well (especially if the RCS consoles will increase DPS, and there will be a good A->W fleet warp core, better than the dil store one)

none the less, I want that build to beat ISE solo, so I will have to work on its burst dmg :S (with a sci thats not so good)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Career Officer
# 84
06-29-2013, 02:00 AM
Question,
Did anyone knows how the Tholian Reputaion Skill Tree especially the Tier 4 ability
would affect the Damage Output of an Phaser DHC build ?

My Warp Core that gives me 130 Aux Power + the Tier 4 Ability
"Auxillery Power Configuration - Offense" i would gain:

+ 26 Starship Energy Weapons Training
+ 26 Starship Weapons Training
+ 26 Starship Projectile Weapons Training (wasted in such a build)

could that make a difference

I don?t like Phaser and i didn?t like Cannons, plz tell me i don?t have to switch back.

thank you
Captain
# 85
06-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by preiko View Post
Question,
Did anyone knows how the Tholian Reputaion Skill Tree especially the Tier 4 ability

I don?t like Phaser and i didn?t like Cannons, plz tell me i don?t have to switch back.

thank you
Last time I tried on Tribble (LoR pre-launch) using the test items, the listed DPS values at 130 Aux my Aux DHCs went from 1323.7 to 1402.2, Phaser Turrets (60/25 weapon power) 311.2 to 329.9, Kinetic Cutting Beam from 510.6 to 549.2. No change to to QFFP, as it only responds to Particle Generators Skill and Phaser Energy consoles. I didn't parse anything, but a fairly decent buff for an ADHC build, but I'm not sure it'd be worthwhile to change to on it's own.

The buff is a live one, so if your Aux is consumed (firing ADHCs, tossing out Gravity Wells, etc.), the amount of the buff goes down. Having Plasmonic Leech and over-stacking your Aux would be best for maximum DPS, so that the firing cycle of the ADHCs don't drain your DPS as badly.
Captain
# 86
07-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Question,

thank you
its not a big boost, but it is a boost. I am not sure about the actual numbers it would increase (I am unlocking T4 on friday).

what I can suggest, is that you get the offensive skill, and you run full weapon power, 15-15 shield and engine power, and the rest in aux.

with the vesta you would have enough space for nice little TSS3 and HEs, get an RSP, and you should have no problem with survival, and you would put out some reasonable dmg.
maybe get a W->A warpcore as well
Captain
# 87
07-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Question,

thank you
I have unlocked it now, and it is a great bonus.

with 130 aux power, it gave me a boost equivalent of a mk xi blue tac console.
Captain
# 88
07-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Here is my take on a DPS Vesta build, though for a Tac captain and only theoretical at this point. I would eventually like to try this on my Sci captain as well, but I'm not sure if I could get 10k without Tac buffs.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...psvestapvev1_0

Filled out everything including rep powers and build notes. I would appreciate some feedback as well.
Lt. Commander
# 89
07-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Still can't decide to change my Fleet recon for this. The pack consoles, hangar bay surely looks sweet, the less hull and 1 less turn rate make me wonder ...
seems a win ship, though.
Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
Captain
# 90
07-09-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake122svk View Post
Here is my take on a DPS Vesta build, though for a Tac captain and only theoretical at this point. I would eventually like to try this on my Sci captain as well, but I'm not sure if I could get 10k without Tac buffs.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...psvestapvev1_0

Filled out everything including rep powers and build notes. I would appreciate some feedback as well.
too many flow caps consoles and skill, without anything but the leech utilizing it. energy siphon would work really well with it, if you get an elite warpcore.
the skills themselves are good, tho you could save some points into other skills, by not maxing everything out

get a tachyo converter, if you can get mk xii purple tac consoles, then you should have money for this as well. better turnrate, better crits

if you have the Exocomp Doff, a weapon battery is a must

the EPTW cycling is cool

I would change APO to APB, if you want to go with CSV, just to emphesize CC

as far as tanking goes. you could easily tank with the 2 piece borg bonus (which you dont have), and if there is still an issue, you can always change to aux dhc-s, with full aux. then you are impossible to kill.

and if even then you have problems, then just go with the foolproof FAW spam build