Starfleet Veteran
# 31
01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
I use tetryon heavy cannons and they take a ships hull down pretty fast so i dint think there all that useless and i was told to stick to one weapon type eg tetryon etc because if u rainbow it as people say and mix up the weapons ur using then u do less damage but stick to one then u do alot more damage, dont know if thats true, can heavy plasma torps b bouncedback on an enemy? Sounds silly but i swear one came near me tgen reversed a d him n blew him up
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
I use tetryon heavy cannons and they take a ships hull down pretty fast so i dint think there all that useless and i was told to stick to one weapon type eg tetryon etc because if u rainbow it as people say and mix up the weapons ur using then u do less damage but stick to one then u do alot more damage, dont know if thats true, can heavy plasma torps b bouncedback on an enemy? Sounds silly but i swear one came near me tgen reversed a d him n blew him up
The problem with Tetryons is that they offer no additional benefits once shields are breached. Phasers can still disable subsystems, AP deal extra crit damage, Polarons drain power, etc... but Tetryons offer nothing once you pass the shields. Furthermore, Tetryon weapons are actually out-paced by the Tetryon Glider 2-set bonus of the Omega space set since the latter always procs every hit, while Tetryon procs only occurs 2.5% of the time.

All-Tetryon builds fall quickly behind other all-energy weapon builds once the target's shields are gone. They are dependent on torpedoes to deal burst damage once they get past shields.

I made the mistake of spec'ing for Tetryon weapons a long time ago. Once I stopped using them, I noticed significantly faster target kill times.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
01-16-2013, 06:45 PM
I only have tetryon and i havent found any other dual heavy cannons, is it correct that the same weapon type all over does nore damage? Im doun main missiobs im on season 2 called saturdays child can i get dual heavy cannons as a reward on missions? Do u c subsystems going down when they get hit on an enemy
Captain
# 34
01-16-2013, 06:51 PM
I like AntiProton,Phasers,Tetryon,Photon Torps and Q Torps for Fed only .I like Disuptors and Photons for KDF only.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
01-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
I only have tetryon and i havent found any other dual heavy cannons, is it correct that the same weapon type all over does nore damage? Im doun main missiobs im on season 2 called saturdays child can i get dual heavy cannons as a reward on missions? Do u c subsystems going down when they get hit on an enemy
Dual Heavy Cannons of all energy types, rarities, and levels can be purchased from Exchange. Weapons of the same level have the same base damage, but the procs make quite a difference when used with the right captain spec and ship build. For example, if you have a tactical captain that is spec'd for high critical hit rates, then Antiproton weapons will usually generate more DPS than other weapon types due to the enhanced critical severity.

Phaser proc subsytem disables work best in PVP, but for PVE they're not as effective as raw damage output. Disruptor breach is an excellent damage modifier proc (lowers resists 10% per proc, and these stack), but for timed burst attacks, Antiproton is easier to use.

Plasma has the highest PVE DPS at the moment due to all of the new plasma bonus damage equipment just released in Season7. Plasma weapons are also relatively cheap on Exchange, though prices might be going up now that people are getting a hold of the new S7 gear.

If you want to stay with Tetryon weapons, then they will still be fine if used with high damage torpedoes like quantums.

Hope this helps!
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
01-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Well atm im using 3 tetryon dual heavy cannons on the front and shields drop and hull isnt far behind i know it may not b the best build but its doing the job lol and i have quantums on the from that combined with high yield 3 fires 4 and the torpedo spread, i use quantum mines on the back and a polarized disruptor cannon
Captain
# 37
01-16-2013, 07:49 PM
I've got a Defiant-R and I've been using 3 Anti-proton DHCs, with the Omega Adapted Borg set (cutting beam in back) and two anti-proton turrets.

For a pure PvE (ESTF and fleet action) build would it be better for DPS if I switched to the Romulan reputation plasma DHCs, with the the-2 piece romulan set bonus? So two plasma DHCs, the Romulan plasma torpedo launcher, the borg plasma torpedo launcher up front, with the cutting beam and two plasma turrets in back?

Last edited by bohiap; 01-16-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Captain
# 38
01-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Just pick what you like best as all of this is just opinions
Captain
# 39
01-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
The Jem'hadar set gives you the same amount of bonus to polaron, and cost you no Dilithium to get.
I use it on my main and I find its wonderful for a freebie. However the high end polaron weapons are pretty costly.

And the purple makes my otherwise butt ugly Mirror Star Cruiser look pretty.

Last edited by twg042370; 01-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Captain
# 40
01-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
but Tetryons offer nothing once you pass the shields.
Pretty much, their proc should either have a higher chance or they should work a bit like Trans and always do Shield damage.