Empire Veteran
I'm not able to play for 2 days because of lag.
Cogent communication, the Cryptic's provider is not able to provide full services. I did some tracert from my home and from some Uk servers from my job. All of my tracert logs show that there is cogent router which is down or which doesn't respond on time.

What time Cryptic will order Cogent communication to do its job?
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Ensign
# 2
01-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Cogent Communications is most likely *not* Cryptic's provider.

Cogent Communications is a tier-1 ISP. This means that they operate the international infrastructure, compared to, say, local infrastructure the end-user's ISPs may.

Tier-1 ISPs take no crap from nobody. You can send them angry letters all you'd like, they will give no crap.

Try being in Australia. We just lost an underwater sea cable, *and* the backup cable also sharted.
edit; this is on *top of* the Cogent's issue. =/

Last edited by bacfe; 01-15-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Ensign
# 3
01-16-2013, 02:41 AM
Is that the problem? I've been getting a bit of lag lately too, but I just blamed it on the gov't censors (china). They probably don't like my BOffs' miniskirts.
The user formerly known as Seneschall
Unrepentant Gaming : Risa Country Club : @Seneschall
Lieutenant
# 4
01-16-2013, 02:05 PM
I've done some Cogent testing with wireshark and proxy servers. If you setup your connection with a proxy server, you should be able to bypass the issue and get back to playing. I know it sucks and isn't really the best solution, but it's a possible solution, none-the-less.

Been playing since launch.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-16-2013, 02:12 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 01-18-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Commander
# 6
01-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Um, if you read the posts above this one, it isn't Cryptic's server. It's one of the relays on the Cogent network.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting

Last edited by bluegeek; 01-18-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Completely unplayable for the last 3 out of 4 days. This makes no sense at all. Did all the checking on my end and the lag/rubber banding is just horrible. Although someone will say that it's not on Cryptic's end but mine. This company needs to hire a small team to do nothing but make sure this game is in good working order.
Lieutenant
# 8
01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman1229 View Post
Completely unplayable for the last 3 out of 4 days. This makes no sense at all. Did all the checking on my end and the lag/rubber banding is just horrible. Although someone will say that it's not on Cryptic's end but mine. This company needs to hire a small team to do nothing but make sure this game is in good working order.
Hello roman1229!

I can't help but wonder, did you uninstall/install something 3 or 4 days ago? Something had to change in order to cause an issue like this on your end. Although I will submit, lag has been an issue for quite a few players since Season 7 was launched, but that wasn't 3 to 4 days ago. That being said and back to your issue, if there's anything you can think of related to my first inquiry, then we might be able to make some headway here.

Where are you geophysically located? Have you considered a proxy server? What is your hardware and software setup, ie: are you on Winblows 8?

Been playing since launch.
Ensign
# 9
01-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Um, if you read the posts above this one, it isn't Cryptic's server. It's one of the relays on the Cogent network.
Are you actually surprised that people don't actually read?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyluve View Post
Hello roman1229!

I can't help but wonder, did you uninstall/install something 3 or 4 days ago? Something had to change in order to cause an issue like this on your end. Although I will submit, lag has been an issue for quite a few players since Season 7 was launched, but that wasn't 3 to 4 days ago. That being said and back to your issue, if there's anything you can think of related to my first inquiry, then we might be able to make some headway here.

Where are you geophysically located? Have you considered a proxy server? What is your hardware and software setup, ie: are you on Winblows 8?
Aye there!

It was fine up until Monday morning. The only time the game has worked has been Tues. evening and last night. Just tried logging on and disconnections and lag. Haven't installed or uninstalled anything in the last 2 months. I'm in St. Louis, Mo. I have Windows Vista 32-bit.