Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY + crash
02-13-2010, 03:21 PM
After a few hours of playing, my framerate will start dipping suddenly and noticeably. Within 10 minutes of that, the client will close with the following error in a dialog box:

Fatal Error: There is not enough available video memory. Please choose lower resolution settings, or close other graphics and applications.

Technical Details: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY while creating 2D render target texture size 1440 x 900(D3DMFT_NVIDIA_INTZ_DEPTH_TEXTURE_FCC)

Restarting the application produces the same error while loading to the character select screen. I'm running a 4870 x2 single-board configuration. Using ATI catalyst drivers 9.11 (9.12 prevents this machine from booting). This error occurs both with crossfire and without. It occurs both in windowed mode and fullscreen. The conditions leading to the crash only seem to occur after several hours of play.

I have dozens of highly intensive games on the machine which all run beautifully and do not complain about a lack of video memory. After this crash I can load, for example, Mass Effect 2 and play just fine. The error doesn't affect the loading or stability of other applications at all.

Resolution involves rebooting the machine of simply waiting between 10-30 minutes and launching the application again, at which point it will load and run fine without the error occuring.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherous
After a few hours of playing, my framerate will start dipping suddenly and noticeably. Within 10 minutes of that, the client will close with the following error in a dialog box:

Fatal Error: There is not enough available video memory. Please choose lower resolution settings, or close other graphics and applications.

Technical Details: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY while creating 2D render target texture size 1440 x 900(D3DMFT_NVIDIA_INTZ_DEPTH_TEXTURE_FCC)

Restarting the application produces the same error while loading to the character select screen. I'm running a 4870 x2 single-board configuration. Using ATI catalyst drivers 9.11 (9.12 prevents this machine from booting). This error occurs both with crossfire and without. It occurs both in windowed mode and fullscreen. The conditions leading to the crash only seem to occur after several hours of play.

I have dozens of highly intensive games on the machine which all run beautifully and do not complain about a lack of video memory. After this crash I can load, for example, Mass Effect 2 and play just fine. The error doesn't affect the loading or stability of other applications at all.

Resolution involves rebooting the machine of simply waiting between 10-30 minutes and launching the application again, at which point it will load and run fine without the error occuring.

if the latest drivers stop your computer from booting, you have bigger problems than trying to get STO to work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

if the latest drivers stop your computer from booting, you have bigger problems than trying to get STO to work.
You sure post a lot here, but you seem to have little useful to say.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm having the same issue. Didn't see this post until after I posted mine, http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...75#post2076675.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Interesting. Mine isn't correlated to zone changing or loading anything at all (except when loading the client after the crash), it's just something that comes on suddenly and randomly, and then degrades quickly to a crash. I think it's interesting you have the same video card I do. Does it happen both in and out of crossfire mode for you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-13-2010, 08:18 PM
I feel your pain. Memory leaks are bad. Age of Conan had a bad one too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-14-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherous
You sure post a lot here, but you seem to have little useful to say.
You want to stop trolling now? I said the truth. If you want to challenge that, either report me, or keep quiet. thanks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Report yourself then troll.

I have had this problem too , its not a secret that geforce owners are forgotten about and dont have much luck and any new members should be told this , have a geforce? then the game isnt for you. Simple.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-17-2010, 04:52 AM
I am using two ATI 4870x2 and am getting the same error. It only happens when zoning to a different map.

That's 2GB of GDDR5 memory per card for 4GB of total video memory. I should NEVER be having an issue like this...

My System:
- Latest ATI driver, 2010.0126.1637.29770
- Windows 7 64-bit
- 8 GB RAM
- 2x ATI 4870x2 in Crossfire mode
- Core i7 920
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
11-06-2010, 01:04 PM
please someone tell me there is a fix for this....
i tried pklenty o things over the last 2 or so months (anything but voodoo magic) and i still got this Crashing problems. iit's driving me nuts!

Error Message:
Fatal Error: There is not enough available video memory. Please lower resolution settings or close other graphics application.
Technical Details size 2048x2048
(D3DFMT_NVIDIA_NULL_TEXTURE_FCC), 4.00 GB memory available

My Specs:

AMD Phenom X4 3.2GHz
Gigabyte Board (NV 590 SLi)
8GB DDR3 OCZ
8800GTX 768MB (my 460GTX broke down)
Soundblaster 2ZS
6.5TB HDD's
Win 7 x64 Ultimate En-US (Swiss Regional Settings)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:26 PM.