Lieutenant
# 1 Devices - What do you carry?
01-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Simple question what do people tend to carry in their belt device slots and ship device slots?
What's good and what's pointless?

At the moment:
Ground - Cordrazine Hypo, Shard of Possibilities, Remodulator, Tribble (Mattson)

Space - Subspace field modulator, Shield Battery, Scorpion Fighters (vault consumable, I'll find something else when I've exhausted them)

As recommendations go I would prefer things that are obtainable without zen and available to all (I know the red matter thing is good but I'll never get one so...)
Republic Veteran
# 2
01-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Space:
Subspace Field Modulator, Weapons Battery, Deuterium Surplus, Prototype Ablative Jevonite Hardpoints

Ground:
Fire Suppression Device, Insect Repellent, Fiery Party Popper, Explosive Party Popper

As you can tell I don't take ground too seriously.
Commander
# 3
01-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Ground - Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cane, Remodulator, and a tribble slot. Tribble varies depending on enemy and location.

Space - Subspace Field Modulator. My other device slot is currently empty. I used to have Scorpion fighters in there, but they ran out. I really want the Red Matter Capacitor, but I'd have to buy a whole new copy of the game for that. it could still be tempting.

Last edited by bortjinx; 01-15-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Captain
# 4
01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
In space: subspace field mod. Rest depends on the encounter and the character, but usually weapons batteries and aux batts on my sci. There is nothing worse than sitting in a web during a tholian encounter and waiting for your weapons to come back online...
Career Officer
# 5
01-15-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't carry a remodulator, that's what the integral one is for.

I carry a Cordrazine Hypo, Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cane, and a Gambling Device.

On my Chimera is a Subspace Field Modulator, weapon batteries, and shield/aux combo batteries. When that combo eventually runs out I have shield/engine ones handy.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 6
01-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Space: Red matter device and a stack of turrets.

Ground: ophidian Cane, shard of possibilities, combat horta, one of: med hypos, tribble, remodulator
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
On my main (science):

Space: Subspace Field Modulator, Red Matter Capacitor, Deuterium Surplus
Ground: Fractal Remodulator, Triolic Pattern Enhancer, Shard of Possibilities, Triolic Tribble

My sci gave her Combat Horta and the Ophidian Cane to BOffs when the replay thing came around. I've heard the Cane used a handful of times but sadly have yet to see the Horta again... Perhaps I should just put away the Pattern Enhancer and take back the Horta for my Captain.

Meanwhile, on my tactical:

Space: Subspace Field Modulator, Red Matter Capacitor
Ground: Remodulator (standard), Triolic Pattern Enhancer, Shard of Possibilities, Ricossa Tribble

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
Krushan Twinn - Orion Science

Last edited by flatmatt; 01-15-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Captain
# 8
01-15-2013, 08:23 PM
I never leave home without at least ten Engine and Weapon batteries each. They've saved my butt against the Romulans and the Tholians more times than I can count.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Captain
# 9
01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Space: 20x of Engine, Shield and Weapon battery - the first the particularly useful in ISE for when I need to fly from one side of the Gateway to another, in order to quickly kill the second cube.

Ground: Shard of Possibilities, Fleet Tribble, 120+ Small Hypos and Frosted Boots.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Ensign
# 10
01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Space: Red Matter, Weapons Batteries, Subspace Field Modulator

Ground: Ophidian Cane, Large Hypos, Large Shield Battery, Shard of Possibilities - (I use a gambling device at the start of the mission.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]