Career Officer
# 51
01-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricius View Post
I never understood that either. I always attributed lower vulcan population...
Nero killed 6 billion Vulcans who couldn't get off world in time, so they must be around somewhere.

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-17-2013, 03:50 PM
I would like to suggest that the Foundry Community be used in order to give a criteria on certain planets that need certain things, you give 5 ppl permission only to work on one planet, you give them criteria in which they have to meet by certain times. It would allow for several different things and layouts and depth to be created.

I would like to see the following;

Starbase 375
Cardassia
Jupiter Station
Subspace Relay Station
MIDAS array
Argus Array
Andoria (Completed)

This is only a few that people dont think about.

Cheers,

T
Captain
# 53
01-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Nero killed 6 billion Vulcans who couldn't get off world in time, so they must be around somewhere.
Vulcan is:

A) A desert world, and therefore has more landmass due to small/few oceans.

B) Slightly larger than earth.

C) Again, a desert world, with large canyons. Many Vulcan cities could be under/partially underground, or built like this.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Well, we're not entirely sure just how big Vulcan is, it could be much larger than Earth, or maybe smaller. At least I couldn't find any definite answers to that on memory alpha, not that one doesn't exist though. There's more than 7 billion people alive in the present on Earth, and presumably that number exponentially changed with all the colonies, foreign settlements on alien planets and various other living spaces, like roaming cargo ships, space stations etc... I can't even estimate, but I think the human population *has* to be around at least 35-40 billion! That's an oddly low population number for vulcans, compared to the human race's and we don't even know if the vulcan people became a truly endangered species after Nero's actions or not.

Edit: Centersolace has good points; also turns out Vulcan is larger than Earth.

Last edited by auricius; 01-17-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-17-2013, 04:41 PM
What also doesn't make much sense is that Vulcan is and was a space fairing society, so would it be logical to assume that their entire population wasn't on Vulcan?
Commander
# 56
01-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Ive always wondered why we have Memory Alpha but not the Daystrom Institute? Thats were B4 lives now with Cmdr Bruce Maddox. Along with the 3 other prototype Soong Androids and the remains of Lore and Lal. Intresting Story I wish they would incorperate into the game.

After Lore attacked Dr. Soong and ran off with Data's Emotion chip. Noonien Soong had a fake tooth he bit into with a drug that made it seem he had passed. After he awoke a few hours later and Data was gone, he crawled into his lab with only a few min of life left. And using the technology that himself and Ira Graves had been working on (If you remember Dr. Graves stole Data's body once) And with Alien Technology from Camus II that Kirk had discovered. Transferred his mind into the most advanced Andriod body and positronic brain he had ever built. This new body could change its appearence and bio read-outs to assume any form also a personal Jem Haddar shroud and many other abilities to hide his true idenity. Long sotry short. B4 was about to die, Datas program was corrupting B4's simple neural net programming. Noonien was aobut to loose both his Son's He removed Data's memories and personality and "soul"and downloaded them into his own matrix. Then upgraded B4's programming, so he was still simple but better. Something like a 8 year old human. Soong knew that having his own and Datas mind in one Positronic Matrix would never survive (split personality complex) He transferred his experence, memories and knowledge into memory and erased his personality or "soul" from the brain letting Data's take its place. So Data was reborn with a body that looked fully Human. Much improved brain, 100's of new abilities and all the knowledge that his fater had. He left starfleet to try to bring back to life his Daughter Lal who's body was also at the Daystrom Institute and to hopefuly create more like himself. Data is back but with the new Brain that can experence all of human emotions, dreams, desires, hunger, intoxication, and with all of his faters memories and experences he is somewhat different. Dr. Soongs drive and desire to create life is now the driveing force in Datas new life.
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
01-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
What also doesn't make much sense is that Vulcan is and was a space fairing society, so would it be logical to assume that their entire population wasn't on Vulcan?
Except for a small few, most Vulcans don't care about exploration (and even less about conquest). When they do take to the stars, it's out of necessity (things like trade or patrolling their surrounding area) or to observe something they otherwise can't from Vulcan (budding starfaring civlizations like Earth). From that mindset, they would have relatively few off-world colonies or outposts since most Vulcans would see no point of venturing around the galaxy when their planet seems just fine.

Human: "I wonder what it would be like to walk on the shores of Risa!"
Vulcan: "The beaches are covered in sand. It probably feels much like walking on sand on any other shore made of sand."
Human: "But it's on Risa!"
Vulcan: "...An M-class world with salt-water oceans, very similar to the tropical shores on your own homeworld. Are you unfamiliar with them?"
Human: "But it's on Risa!"
Vulcan: "..."

Human: "We've arrived at the Eta Canis Majoris star system! Isn't this Blue Giant amazing?"
Vulcan: "Our people cataloged this star system over 800 years ago."
Human: "Sure, but have any of your people actually been here?"
Vulcan: "No, as far as I know, I am the first Vulcan to come to this star system."
Human: "Doesn't that mean anything to you? Where else can you get a view like this?"
Vulcan: "We have telescopes. It means that you have taken me 30 light years to observe something we can see from my homeworld."

Raptr profile
Empire Veteran
# 58
01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
I would love a fully fleshed out Rura Penthe with an attached series of missions.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 59
01-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Six pages, and only two mentions of Trill?

For shame...
Career Officer
# 60
01-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I've always wanted Ferenginar. I think it would be visually very interesting as there would always be rain. Lots of stock markets, shady back alleyways, the tower of commerce etc.
Yes, give me Ferenginar, then I'll finally have a reason to roll a Ferengi.

And yes, ^^, give me Trill as well.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.