Lt. Commander
# 61
01-17-2013, 08:57 PM
DS9. its all i really ever wanted out of this game. what we have now is not DS9, it's just a few large bauquet halls/gymnasiums, with a lobby and a bar.

if ds9 was fully realized i'd be a very happy man. but of course it'd be nice to also have earth, vulcan, risa, bajor, andoria, etc... oh wait...

i've realized that just about everything ive ever wanted in a trek game is here, in placeholder form. if all these locations were implemented properly, the possibilities for exploration, story missions, rp, and ugc would be endless.

i'm actually surprised that cbs doesn't have a problem with the way certain iconic locations are represented in sto.
Fleet: Stargate-Union
Pizza: Pepperoni
Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
Career Officer
# 62
01-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Vulcan is:

A) A desert world, and therefore has more landmass due to small/few oceans.

B) Slightly larger than earth.

C) Again, a desert world, with large canyons. Many Vulcan cities could be under/partially underground, or built like this.
Here's a few pics of Vulcan cities...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 63
01-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Case in point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevok View Post
DS9. its all i really ever wanted out of this game. what we have now is not DS9, it's just a few large bauquet halls/gymnasiums, with a lobby and a bar.

if ds9 was fully realized i'd be a very happy man. but of course it'd be nice to also have earth, vulcan, risa, bajor, andoria, etc... oh wait...

i've realized that just about everything ive ever wanted in a trek game is here, in placeholder form. if all these locations were implemented properly, the possibilities for exploration, story missions, rp, and ugc would be endless.

i'm actually surprised that cbs doesn't have a problem with the way certain iconic locations are represented in sto.
I agree. Even though I was never real fan of the show, the Station itself is a really cool place, and it's in a very sorry state right now.

DS9 deserves to be it's own peaceful mini-adventure zone with all the locations, trappings and decorations of the show. And correctly scaled above all.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 64
01-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blevok View Post
You're comment just reminded me of somethings left off my list. The missing sections of DS9 like the Infirmary, the Security Office, maybe adding the Runabout Pads and the housing areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
This is why I would like to see the Forge, could easily see them turning Vulcan into something like Mol'Rihan. Where instead of us going to Mt. Selaya, we are at the Vulcan Embassy in the Capital city and have the option of taking transports to the various areas of the planet.
Commander
# 65
01-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Betazed. Make it so.
Commander
# 66
01-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Also, Vic Fontaine's holodeck program.
Career Officer
# 67
01-18-2013, 02:52 AM
Home planets of the Betazoid, Trill, Ferengi, Gorn. Add Terra Nova, Mars Colonies and the Lunar Colonies
Ensign
# 68
01-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Would be nice if Risa was a Mini-Game wonderland.
Commander
# 69
01-18-2013, 12:52 PM
I would like to see Space Station Regula One OR...Utopia Planitia Shipyards (as a permanent location), just like ESD.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Commander
# 70
01-18-2013, 01:02 PM
I think each side's playable race should have their homeworlds visitable in the game. The learning of other races' cultures was a very big part of much of Trek, and it's somewhat lacking right now.

So Betazed, Trill, the Orion Colonies, Gorn Homeworld, Ferengar, Caitia, Rigel, or Tellar are all places that would let players playing those races feel they have something like a home to visit, and give other players other worlds to consider.

Just my two cents, but I think the 'new worlds, and new civilizations' part of Trek is as important or moreso than blowing things up.