Career Officer
# 1 Tholian Recluse Engineer Help
01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
So I came back to the game, yay me, and right now trying to bash my way back up to gear.

Got myself a Tholian Recluse, which I'm having fun with, just concerned over boff/console load out and curious on if some options are actually good ideas or not.

Gearwise I'm running [going for a Tanky Carrier]:

Fore : Antiproton XII ACC/CritH/Borg , Antiproton XII ACC/CritH/Borg , Antiproton XII ACC/CritH/Borg
Aft : Antiproton XI ACC/CritH/Borg , Antiproton XI ACC/CritH/Borg , Antiproton XI ACC/CritH/Borg

Defl : Borg XI
Impl : Borg XI
Shld : MACO XI

EngC : EPS Flow, Neut, Neut, Borg
SciC : Point Defense System, Tholian Tetryon Grid, Field Generator, Field Generator
TacC : Antiproton, Antiproton

Cmdr : Engineer EPtW1, RSP1, EPtS3, APtSIF3
LtCm : Engineer EPtW1, ET2, EPtS3
LtCm : Science PH1, HE2, GW1
Ensn : Science TSS1
Ensn : Tactical TT1

So the actual questions.

First, I'm not entirely sure if my set-pieces setup is a good one currently, it's just habit from before they changed the assimilated console

Second, would the Romulan Zero-Point Energy Conduit console be good for this build or no.

Third, I do intend to replace the beam arrays over to Tetryon weapons, just a matter of time to find them. However, are Phased-Tetryon weapons a good investment, or would I be better off with regular tetryon?
Lieutenant
# 2
01-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Assuming PvE, some quick help:

Drop the EPS Flow
Drop the Tholian Tetryon Grid

Get the Romulan Embassy threat increasing consoles.

Get the borg cutting beam for the two piece bonus.

Get 2 purple Damage Control Engineer doffs.

Switch ET2 to Aux2Sif1

Put a Tac in the Command slot.

Add more Sci heals if you need them.

Get the elite scorpion fighters, adv perg until then.
Career Officer
# 3
01-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I would switch the HE2 and the TSS1 outright. If you wanted more healing drop the GW1 and go HE1,PH1,ST2,TSS3...OR 2 HE1s.

Yes EPS console is useless now. Use Sif generator console for higher hull healing on your AuxSiF3.

I would also get 2 Conn doffs for your tac team.

Besides that it looks great

Last edited by edalgo; 01-08-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
01-08-2013, 07:25 PM
I feel goofy for asking this, but I should know. I have a pair of [Hangar -] Advanced Peregrinne Fighters, however, they're blue. I'm pretty sure I bought them with Dilithium a while back, but the ones at the Dilithium store are purple. The fighter gear matches the purple version at the D-store version though. Those two should be the same, right? Just a different color for no real apparent reason?
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoku7 View Post
I feel goofy for asking this, but I should know. I have a pair of [Hangar -] Advanced Peregrinne Fighters, however, they're blue. I'm pretty sure I bought them with Dilithium a while back, but the ones at the Dilithium store are purple. The fighter gear matches the purple version at the D-store version though. Those two should be the same, right? Just a different color for no real apparent reason?
as one time before they added the fleet/elite hangers the dilithium bought ones were different colors than they are now. if the stats are the same, its most likely those ones didnt get converted to the new color scheme.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 6
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
For Threat Consoles, which ones should I look at using? Plasma/Insulation?
Career Officer
# 7
01-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Following up, as I'm approaching Tier 5 [yay], I'm curious about weapon loadout for PvE.

With being pretty much a beam boat currently, would it be worth it to take the Romulan Torpedo for completing the 3pc set and making it rain plasma death?
Lieutenant
# 8
01-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoku7 View Post
Following up, as I'm approaching Tier 5 [yay], I'm curious about weapon loadout for PvE.

With being pretty much a beam boat currently, would it be worth it to take the Romulan Torpedo for completing the 3pc set and making it rain plasma death?
I say yes. The advanced Plasma ray serves as an additional APB (with lengthy cd), which is obviously good on a carrier. I've gone all Romulan Plasma on mine, which is quite good in PvE.

Just one warning: the combination of Elite Scorps and Hyper Plasma tends to accidentally blow Generators unless you switch targets really early.

By the way, I think you can get away with running fewer defensive abilities. I'm running an engineer in a Recluse myself and tank tac cubes fine enough with a Tac in the Commander slot.
Career Officer
# 9
01-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbeelzebot View Post
I say yes. The advanced Plasma ray serves as an additional APB (with lengthy cd), which is obviously good on a carrier. I've gone all Romulan Plasma on mine, which is quite good in PvE.

Just one warning: the combination of Elite Scorps and Hyper Plasma tends to accidentally blow Generators unless you switch targets really early.

By the way, I think you can get away with running fewer defensive abilities. I'm running an engineer in a Recluse myself and tank tac cubes fine enough with a Tac in the Commander slot.
Thank you [and to everyone else who offered advice ].

Ya, I've been toying with swapping the Universal over to Tac. I need to do a few ESTF runs to see how I like it, and well, what Space Abilities I want to use with them.

BFAW definitely, since it's one of the big things I miss when only have 1 ensign tact. The rest I don't really know. APB is good. I can probably get away with HYT with the Romulan Torp, or just use a bunch of attack patterns. Right now, I'm testing the water with BFAW1, APD1, APB2, and APO2. Mostly as I don't want to commit too much resource/time effort to pursue. And well, being lazy. Mostly just trying to see if the reduced engineering is a big deal to me. I still need to get 2 purple DCEs, but using 2 blue right now, works well enough. Miracle Worker gets to be used, which I suppose is a good thing .

With Generators, hehe, well, my fleet does it probably a bad way, but we actually intentionally take out one generator at a time and melt away the nanite spheres before they get close enough. So not a particular issue for me, but something to be aware of when I PUG.