Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Foundry Challenge #6 : Beyond the Web
This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #6 : Beyond the Web.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked.

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
01-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Just a reminder to everybody, the Tholian mobs are hitting holodeck tomorrow. (Not sure about the NPC contacts, though.)

The vague details will sure make for some nice variety. I'll try to make one.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Keep in mind also that we have no Tholian NPC contacts (ground or space) only combat mobs. So we can't put actual Tholian models in dialogue and cannot reskin other groups or single NPCs as Tholians.

edit: Oops guess psychoticvulcan already covered that.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 01-16-2013 at 04:23 PM.
# 4
01-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Just a reminder to everybody, the Tholian mobs are hitting holodeck tomorrow. (Though the NPC contacts would be nice too.)

The vague details will sure make for some nice variety. I'll try to make one.
I've seen a few posts about NPC contacts, but I've not seen anywhere in-game where you actually speak to a Tholian (sans for the one-off that hails you when you enter the Tau Dewa Red Alert). I'm thinking this is intentional, just like you probably wouldn't talk to a Salt Vampire.

Either way, I'm sure you all will get creative

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 5
01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I've seen a few posts about NPC contacts, but I've not seen anywhere in-game where you actually speak to a Tholian (sans for the one-off that hails you when you enter the Tau Dewa Red Alert). I'm thinking this is intentional, just like you probably wouldn't talk to a Salt Vampire.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
No talking to Salt vampires?

There goes my Twilight/Star Trek cross over

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Rihannsu
# 6
01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, just like how Terminators are people too, so are Tholians...

They're people who don't LIKE us and often want to kill us, but they're people with goals and motives and such. IF they had a reason to, they could try to use diplomacy, in theory anyways.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-16-2013, 04:27 PM
We do have canon instances of people talking to Tholians. Dark Mirror I think.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Empire Veteran
# 8
01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You do know that there are many Tholian ambassadors almost everywhere in the galaxy in canon?

Tholians are supposedly sentient beings, not zombies. So you can talk to them and they can talk to you. Just not in STO.

Starting this challenge without Tholian npc contact isn't reasonable. And we need space mobs too. Will we get them?

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-16-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Offensive language
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
01-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
You do know that there are many Tholian ambassadors almost everywhere in the galaxy in canon?

Tholians are supposedly sentient beings, not retarded zombies. So you can talk to them and they can talk to you. Just not in STO.

Starting this challenge without Tholian npc contact isn't reasonable. And we need space mobs too. Will we get them?
Agreed we need to be able to talk to them. And yeah space mobs are in the patch, which I assume will go live tomorrow.
# 10
01-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

Tholians are supposedly sentient beings, not zombies. So you can talk to them and they can talk to you. Just not in STO.

Again, knowing the Foundry community, I'm sure you can get creative if you'd really would like to be able to have the player speak to a Tholian. This is a Foundry Challenge, emphasis on challenge Make it work with what you have. I can personally think of several ways to go about this.

Space mobs are live on Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=