Survivor of Romulus
# 91
01-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Thank you very, very much for giving us this info.

So Tholian frigates have no chance of summoning this rift when they get destroyed? Do I have that correct?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Commander
# 92
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The Mirror Ships are only summoned by the Rifts that occasionally spawn from Tholian Warp Core Breeches. It's not an ability they can initiate on their own, nor is it something that happens with much frequency. It happens only upon the moment of their death.
OMG that is actually kinda cool, creative juices flowing!... What kind of core would cause this? (A Dimensionally Shifted Tricobalt Reactor)?

I'm kinda regretting my sequel idea now, all my ideas arn't compatible lol

Hope you dont mind but I shared this info with everyone; http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=522351.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 01-22-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 93
01-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Thank you very, very much for giving us this info.

So Tholian frigates have no chance of summoning this rift when they get destroyed? Do I have that correct?
Correct

P.S. Sorry for thinking that it was a power they could use on a whim. See! I even learn something new everyday

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 94
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the clarification.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Commander
# 95
01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
P.S. Sorry for thinking that it was a power they could use on a whim. See! I even learn something new everyday
Everyday is a school day!

A query about the Rights which I think I know the answer to but wanted to make certain...
In STO Leonard Nemoys Voice is used and soon Denise Crosby however you don't see Spocks Face... Those that mean if the Original Enterprise (For Example) makes an appearance like in "Past Perfect" I can have Dialogue from Spock but no Face!??

Also what about Scotty and Mckoy, they are both in the game, can we use their likeness?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 01-22-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Lieutenant
# 96
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
yes that's allowed. (and you do see spock's face in the opening video )
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34676144000&dateline=  1356220537
Survivor of Romulus
# 97
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
7. Could I write a mission in which the player opens a channel and has a long, drawn out conversation with Picard? I would use a costume of a ship to represent him in the popup dialog.

Nothing in the EULA prevents this. Please refer to the EULA for a list of Star Trek Properties.
From the FAQ thread.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Commander
# 98
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryu View Post
yes that's allowed. (and you do see spock's face in the opening video )
Smart A**e :p lol
Great now I'm gonna be spending HOURS getting it right! lol
I'm gonna be soo sick of Nemoys face! lol

Survivor of Romulus
# 99
01-22-2013, 01:59 PM
But remember you can't use a face that looks substantially like Nimoy's. He might have given likeness rights to Cryptic, but that doesn't cover us as I understand it. McCoy and Scotty in game don't look at all like the actors (even with the actors being deceased, I imagine their estates could sue) nor does old man Worf.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 100
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
Smart A**e :p lol
Great now I'm gonna be spending HOURS getting it right! lol
I'm gonna be soo sick of Nemoys face! lol
Re-read the above posts I think you might have read that wrong as you can't use his likeness.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment