Empire Veteran
# 281
03-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naharikajal View Post
Dear @diogene:

I really would like to leave some comments about your mission.

First off all: it was great. I enjoyed it a lot.

It was the first foundry mission I've played which suggested a specific soundtrack (well a few days ago I played "Treasure of Argellius II pt.1" where the author suggested to turn of all the music but your idea was different).

Most of the time when I play foundry missions I listen to (movie) soundtracks in the background because they "support" my immersion. In your case it also supported that immersion. I've never heard about the musician before but after a while I realised that at least I knew his songs.

Anyway. Thank you for a new musician on my playlist

I am not sure if it was your intention but you wrote in the starting dialogue something about "theatre" (I am not a native speaker but I know that this word has several meanings in english) so my first impression was something like Shakespeare, actors and a stage. Overreacting players/actors, emotions, the final talk with that andorian embassador and especially the music gave me the feeling of beeing part of some kind of stage play.

On the one hand it was different compared to the other missions on the other hand very refreshing and entertaining.

Again: thank you.

Greetings Nahari
I'm glad someone followed my advice, the soundtrack I suggest can really help a lot to set up the drama.

I've been to the theatre many times during the last months, and I've been listening to many baroque operas. This mission was designed to be a baroque drama, nothing more. This may be why it's vastly unpopular (with my poor english spelling skills and the too little time i devoted to spell checking). In no way it's supposed to be anything else.

I'm happy someone got it.
Rihannsu
# 282
03-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I'm glad someone followed my advice, the soundtrack I suggest can really help a lot to set up the drama.

I've been to the theatre many times during the last months, and I've been listening to many baroque operas. This mission was designed to be a baroque drama, nothing more. This may be why it's vastly unpopular (with my poor english spelling skills and the too little time i devoted to spell checking). In no way it's supposed to be anything else.

I thought it was pretty good.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 283
03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:

Something that a few authors have done is get others to help edit mission dialogue. The easiest way of course is to edit it before it goes into the mission. I helped edit Woody Valley's latest and it was quite difficult doing it in a playthrough. Would be much easier if, like me, you write out most everything in a word processor before copying it into the Foundry. Not everybody writes like that of course, but in any case a second or even third pair of eyes helps spelling/grammar/punctuation immensely.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Survivor of Romulus
# 284
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Something that a few authors have done is get others to help edit mission dialogue. The easiest way of course is to edit it before it goes into the mission. I helped edit Woody Valley's latest and it was quite difficult doing it in a playthrough. Would be much easier if, like me, you write out most everything in a word processor before copying it into the Foundry. Not everybody writes like that of course, but in any case a second or even third pair of eyes helps spelling/grammar/punctuation immensely.
being british i've been using a spell checker to put it into american-english.. though i'll be honest and say English wasn't my best subject anyway... im on eyes #4 now :O

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!
Empire Veteran
# 285
03-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
No I do that most of the times because I need to work like that to see spelling mistakes. But in no way i'd ask for help to someone else on that matter, it wouldn't be fair since it's a contest and anyway, who has enough time to do that on other people's missions?
Survivor of Romulus
# 286
03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
No I do that most of the times because I need to work like that to see spelling mistakes. But in no way i'd ask for help to someone else on that matter, it wouldn't be fair since it's a contest.
Yeah I suppose that wouldn't be quite be in the spirit of the contest But you could on other missions or after the contest voting period ends.

Quote:
who has enough time to do that on other people's missions?
I make the time if someone asks, and there's other folks around who might be willing.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Survivor of Romulus
# 287
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
hmmm, do you charge energy credits, lockbox keys?

Last edited by thay8472; 03-07-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 288
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
hmmm, do you charge energy credits, lockbox keys?
To unlock my editing feature, you must reach level 55, produce 16 Foundry missions and get to T5 rep with the Shadowy Foundry Author Cabal. Then you must complete the special "Drogyn Editing" feature project that requires 200 lockbox keys, 47 trillion dilithium and 3 large hyposprays.
Survivor of Romulus
# 289
03-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
To unlock my editing feature, you must reach level 55, produce 16 Foundry missions and get to T5 rep with the Shadowy Foundry Author Cabal. Then you must complete the special "Drogyn Editing" feature project that requires 200 lockbox keys, 47 trillion dilithium and 3 large hyposprays.
well.... *%@#

Captain
# 290
03-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Ah, no problem!... wait, did you say three large hypos? What the heck is this?!?

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.