Lt. Commander
# 31
01-17-2013, 01:03 PM
How about 3 vice admirals sitting around a campfire and telling stories and jokes about Tholians. Then they put out the fire and go to sleep to their tents. Literally.

For example,
Admiral 1: How many Tholians do you need to screw in a lightbulb?
Admiral 2: What is a lightbulb?

This is a peaceful mission dealing with Tholians and the props to do that are all in the foundry.

Also for this you don't need Tholians as well:
Make a mission revolving around Klingons. And at the end, reveal that the Klingons were in fact Undine. Then in a double cross, revel that the Undine were in fact masked Tholians. And then reveal that the masked Tholians were in fact nice Tholians from the mirror universe, who were forced to do what they did by the Iconians. Who, on the other hand, were controlled by Sela, who took control of the Iconians in a Coup d'?tat. Then, during the debriefing, a Section 31 agent shows up and informs the player, that Sela was blackmailed by Section 31 to play along. Finally, the mission ends with cliffhanger: a shady Klingon guy gives something to the Section 31 agent who salutes and leaves.

We are the weavers of shadowy phantasms. The merchants of dark rainbows burst into the glowing pulsating murk of the night!

Last edited by pendra3780; 01-17-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
01-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Will the Tholian ships be available as NPC Contacts?
Newp. Just combat mobs.

lol @pendra. I dare you to make that mission
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 01-17-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Captain
# 33
01-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Newp. Just combat mobs.
Grr...

Bran, can you give us an ETA on when the NPC contacts (space for sure, ground would be great too) will hit the Foundry? I guess we can work around it for now, but no contacts is really tying our hands.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Commander
# 34
01-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendra3780 View Post
How about 3 vice...
...I LOVE IT!
It those get a bit tiring having serious missions all the time, maybe the one after this challenge could be a humourous or emotion endusing challenge.
One moment you play a funny Mission called "Two Gorns and a Targ Sandwich" then you play an upsetting mission called "Saving Ensign Ricky"

Hell, why not a cheesy romance involving an Aquatic Xindi and a Caitain!

Quote:
Grr...

Bran, can you give us an ETA on when the NPC contacts (space for sure, ground would be great too) will hit the Foundry? I guess we can work around it for now, but no contacts is really tying our hands.
I'm just using renamed Hirogen Frigates/Ensigns for the time being, then I can just swap them over when ready, I find their speed, movement and size are closest.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 01-17-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Captain
# 35
01-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
Hell, why not a cheesy romance involving an Aquatic Xindi and a Caitain!
Hmm...could the Caitians actually be the long-lost Xindi-Felinoids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I'm just using renamed Hirogen Frigates/Ensigns for the time being, then I can just swap them over when ready, I find their speed, movement and size are closest.
Contacts, not groups.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 36
01-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Grr...

There is no ETA, as I'm not sure if they will be added. Sorry if this was not more clear in my posts earlier in this thread Feel free to leave feedback about this in a separate thread in the Foundry Discussion forum.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 37
01-17-2013, 06:14 PM
You guys haven't mentioned my main gripe, which is that the only ground Tholians we have are the ones in EV suits, so we can't see Tholians in their natural form. So even talking to them ship to ship or going in EV suits to their natural habitat is something we can't do.
Captain
# 38
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Per Bran's advice, I've created a separate thread to discuss the lack of Tholian NPC Contacts.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11#post7527511
Captain
# 39
01-17-2013, 09:08 PM
I would be very careful about expecting the space mobs to be available before the deadline. You guys will have built complete missions expecting to easily swap the mobs and contact dialogue costumes, when it might not happen before the deadline.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 40
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I would be very careful about expecting the space mobs to be available before the deadline. You guys will have built complete missions expecting to easily swap the mobs and contact dialogue costumes, when it might not happen before the deadline.
Space Tholian mobs are on Tribble now, and are going into the patch for Holodeck tonight in just under 2 hours: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11#post7512111

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment